Third Wave Analytics, Inc.
|Headquarters||7 Joost Ave., Ste 201, San Francisco, California, U.S.|
|Number of locations||2|
|Key people||Savitra Sharma|
Third Wave Analytics, Inc. develops and distributes laboratory informatics software solutions. The company focuses primarily on the genomics research market, though it has stated a desire to branch out to other industries in the future.
Third Wave Analytics, Inc. was founded in June 2014. In May 2015, the company released its Lockbox LIMS — a paid app for the Salesforce.com customer relationship management platform. Company head Savitra Sharma has stated the software was "developed in response to a perceived need in the community for more user-friendly, cloud-based solutions for managing and running data, samples, and laboratory inventory."
Technology and products
Lockbox LIMS (also referred to as "Lockbox Suite") is a laboratory information management system (LIMS) developed on the Salesforce.com customer relationship management platform. According to a published report on GenomeWeb, "[r]esearchers don't need to be Salesforce customers nor do they need to have the broader Salesforce system implemented internally. Also, current Salesforce customers who want to use Lockbox can add the tool to their existing accounts." The software is built natively and hosted in the cloud (SaaS), and it includes several modules such as sample tracking as well as workflow/protocol, submission, and inventory management modules.
| The following feature list(s) is/are derived solely from public, freely-available online information the vendor provides. A lack of a "Y" does not necessarily mean that the product doesn't have that feature. The lack of a "Y" could mean:
Per the company website, the following can be said about pricing:
- "The average LIMS price for most Lockbox subscriptions is ~$225/user/month."
- "The first module purchased is $175/user/month. Each additional module is $25/user/month."
- "There is a one-time up-front implementation fee that is based on the modules purchased and complexity of your lab’s requirements and workflows."
Additional feature pricing (add-ons):
- Next-generation sequencing capabilities: $75/user/month
- Extended field audit trail: 10% of total subscription fees
- Platform encryption: 20% of total subscription fees
- Limited use licenses: $75/user/month
Demonstration videos and other media
The following demo videos are available for Lockbox LIMS:
- Lockbox LIMS Introduction
- Lockbox LIMS Suite Introduction
- Lockbox Suite: Industry Vertical Demo - DNA Sequencing
- Thomas, U.G. (23 March 2016). "Third Wave Analytics Seeks to Build Business on Salesforce-Based LIMS Software". GenomeWeb. Genomeweb, LLC. https://www.genomeweb.com/informatics/third-wave-analytics-seeks-build-business-salesforce-based-lims-software. Retrieved 04 April 2016.
- "Third Wave Analytics, Inc.". California Explore. https://www.californiaexplore.com/company/03687073/third-wave-analytics-inc. Retrieved 04 April 2016.
- "Lockbox LIMS: Bring the Power of Force.com into Your Lab". SalesForce.com, Inc. 15 May 2015. https://appexchange.salesforce.com/listingDetail?listingId=a0N30000000q66BEAQ. Retrieved 04 April 2016.
- "Lockbox Suite 1.8". Third Wave Analytics, Inc. https://thirdwaveanalytics.com/. Retrieved 29 October 2020.
- "Sample Tracking". Third Wave Analytics, Inc. https://thirdwaveanalytics.com/sample-tracking/. Retrieved 29 October 2020.
- "LIMS Pricing". Third Wave Analytics, Inc. https://thirdwaveanalytics.com/lims_price/. Retrieved 29 October 2020.