|Former type||Limited Liability Company|
|Successor||Sunquest Information Systems, Inc.|
|Defunct||10 November 2016|
11075 South State St.|
Sandy, Utah, U.S.
UNIConnect LC developed and distributed laboratory informatics software solutions, with a focus on the life sciences. Customers included ARUP Labs, Celera Genomics, DuPont Pioneer, Illumina, Myriad Genetics, Nelson Labs, Sorenson Genomics, and Southern Research Institute.
UNIConnect was founded in 1997. The company started out as a consultancy but eventually moved into software development of laboratory process management applications.
On July 30, 2014, UNIConnect announced at the American Association for Clinical Chemistry annual meeting the launch of its PrecisionMDx software, a special version of UNIFlow for molecular testing laboratories.
On November 10, 2016, Sunquest Information Systems, Inc. revealed that it had acquired UNIConnect LC for an undisclosed sum. Sunquest said that, in conjunction with its April 2016 acquisition of GeneInsight, the integration of UNIConnect and GeneInsight would allow them to create "an end-to-end solution for molecular and genetic testing." Sunquest stated that integration of UNIConnect with GeneInsight was underway in March 2017, expected to be completed in May. By the summer of 2017, the UNIConnect website showed an image indicating the integration was complete, revealing the new name as Sunquest Mitogen.
Technology and products
PrecisionMDx and UNIFlow
PrecisionMDx was a LIS-like laboratory information management system (LIMS) based off of UNIFlow, "developed for laboratory professionals seeking a focused solution for CAP/CLIA certified molecular laboratory operations." The system was scalable to the enterprise level and could be installed locally or hosted as software as a service.
- "About Us: History". UNIConnect LC. http://www.uniconnect.com/about-us/history. Retrieved 30 October 2014.
- "Global Roll-Out of Genotypic Data Management System Accelerates Discovery of Ag Solutions". DuPont Pioneer. 27 March 2013. Archived from the original on 03 May 2013. https://web.archive.org/web/20130503174702/https://www.pioneer.com/home/site/about/news-media/news-releases/template.CONTENT/guid.BDEEE439-1259-D254-B7DA-6BFBE565AD95. Retrieved 07 September 2017.
- "UNIConnect Unveils New PrecisionMDx LIS-LIMS Process Management Software Suite at AACC 2014". UNIConnect LC. 30 July 2014. Archived from the original on 14 November 2014. https://web.archive.org/web/20141114173904/http://uniconnect.com/news-a-articles/press-releases/14-recent/84-uniconnect-unveils-precisionmdx-lis-lims. Retrieved 30 October 2014.
- Butkus, Ben (08 August 2014). "UNIConnect Unveils MDx-focused Version of Lab Management Platform" (PDF). BioInform. Genomeweb LLC. Archived from the original on 07 September 2017. https://web.archive.org/web/20170907214230/http://www.uniconnect.com/images/stories/articles/bioinform%20-uniconnect-pmdx.pdf. Retrieved 07 September 2017.
- "Sunquest Information Systems Acquires UniConnect". 360 Dx. GenomeWeb LLC. 10 November 2016. https://www.360dx.com/informatics/sunquest-information-systems-acquires-uniconnect. Retrieved 07 September 2017.
- Proffitt, A. (06 March 2017). "Integrated Future: GeneInsight’s New Home At Sunquest". BioIT World. Cambridge Innovation Institute. http://www.bio-itworld.com/2017/3/6/integrated-future-geneinsights-new-home-at-sunquest.aspx. Retrieved 07 September 2017.
- "UNIConnect". Sunquest Information Systems, Inc. Archived from the original on 01 September 2017. https://web.archive.org/web/20170901175531/http://www.uniconnect.com/. Retrieved 07 September 2017.
- "The UNIFlow Difference". UNIConnect LC. Archived from the original on 01 November 2016. https://web.archive.org/web/20161101000032/http://uniconnect.com/the-uniflow-difference. Retrieved 07 September 2017.