Arkansas Tech University
|President||Robin E. Bowen|
|Location||Russellville, Arkansas, United States|
|Colors||Green and gold|
|Nickname||Wonder Boys / Golden Suns|
Arkansas Tech University (ATU) is a comprehensive regional university located in Russellville, Arkansas, United States. The university offers programs at both baccalaureate and graduate levels in a range of fields. Arkansas Tech welcomed its first doctoral cohorts in the summer of 2015. The Arkansas Tech University–Ozark Campus, a two-year satellite campus in the town of Ozark, Arkansas primarily focuses on associate and certificate education. In the fall of 2014, the university marked the 16th consecutive year that Arkansas Tech had established a new institutional record for largest enrollment at 12,003 students, also officially making ATU the 3rd largest institution of higher learning in the state of Arkansas.
Health and clinical informatics
The following health/clinical informatics options exist for potential students:
- B.S. in Health Information Management
- 120 credit hours + time at a hospital; "Students must make at least a 'C' in each of the professional courses and demonstrate their proficiency in professional practice and management-affiliation."
- Available online? No
- Program URL: https://www.atu.edu/degrees/bachelors/health-information-management.php
- M.S. in Health Informatics
- 35 credit hours, 29 of which relate to mandatory classes; "Completion of all degree requirements within four (4) years of admission into the program"
- Available online? Online option
- Program URL: https://www.atu.edu/catalog/graduate/programs/ms_sci_health_inform.php
- Brantley, M. (12 September 2014). "Arkansas Tech moves to 3rd on college enrollment list". Arkansas Times. http://www.arktimes.com/ArkansasBlog/archives/2014/09/12/arkansas-tech-moves-to-3rd-on-college-enrollment-list. Retrieved 27 September 2016.
- Riddle, B. (12 September 2014). "Arkansas Tech enrollment surpasses UCA". Log Cabin Democrat. http://thecabin.net/news/education/2014-09-12/arkansas-tech-surpasses-uca-enrollment-numbers-becomes-third-largest. Retrieved 27 September 2016.