|Initial release||January 12, 2004(1.1)|
[ (January 13, 2012 ) ±]
|Preview release||±](March 18, 2015 ) [|
|Type||Hospital information system|
|License(s)||GNU General Public License v2.0|
Care2X was a free open-source hospital information system (HIS).
Care2X started as Care 2002 via a SourceForge project started on May 19, 2002. While working on the beta in the summer of 2003, the name changed from Care 2002 to Care2X. Beta work continued on the project until the first official release of Care2X arrived as version 1.1 on January 12, 2004. Work was mostly steady on the project until around 2010. Little in the way of news or updates occurred until a January 2012 release of version 2.6.27 on SourceForge. The status of the project and its future is unknown.
As of May 2021, more than six years have passed since the 2.7 Alpha release. The project is presumed to be discontinued or abandoned at this point.
The main features of Care2X included:
- query tools
- extended data validation
- customizable display
- multi-language support
- webcam support
- user configurations
- auto-complete functions
- content editing
- Apache 1.X or 2.X server
- PHP 4.0.4pl1 through 4.3.4
- MySQL 3.2x through 4.0.x
Videos, screenshots, and other media
Entities using Care2X
- "Care2X > Files > CARE2X". SourceForge. http://sourceforge.net/projects/care2002/files/CARE2X/. Retrieved 17 December 2012.
- "Care2X php Integ Hospital Info System". SourceForge. http://sourceforge.net/projects/care2002/. Retrieved 17 December 2012.
- "Care2X > File > Presentation". SourceForge. http://sourceforge.net/projects/care2002/files/Presentation/. Retrieved 17 December 2012.
- "Care2X - Features". Care2X.org. http://www.care2x.org/node/25. Retrieved 17 December 2012.