Laboratory Informatics Institute
|Laboratory Informatics Institute, Inc.|
Logo of the Laboratory Informatics Institute
|Formation||July 17, 2006|
|Extinction||December 31, 2021|
|President||John H. Jones|
The Laboratory Informatics Institute (LII) was a non-governmental organization and "a laboratory industry trade association for the education, standardization and promotion of the functional and professional areas of laboratory informatics." As well as providing educational resources, the LII also engaged in advocacy of the use of laboratory informatics tools and published materials related to numerous types of scientific, health, and laboratory informatics.
The LII was founded on July 17, 2006 by LabLynx CEO John Jones as an organization and trade association. It was formally dissolved on December 31, 2021.
On June 28, 2009, John Jones and the LII started LIMSforum, an LII user group for laboratory, scientific, and health informatics on LinkedIN.
On April 12, 2011, the LII began working in earnest on LIMSwiki, "an organized, documented, up-to-date, standardized body of knowledge (BoK) regarding all aspects of laboratory informatics, bioinformatics, health informatics, and other applications of technology in the laboratory industry."
That same month, the LII also began working on LIMSUniversity.com, set up to offer educational Moodle-based courses on laboratory informatics. That educational project was eventually transferred to the LII domain in December 2013.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 "Laboratory Informatics Institute Established". Laboratory Informatics Institute, Inc. 17 July 2006. Archived from the original on 13 November 2017. https://web.archive.org/web/20171113074531/http://www.limsfinder.com/BlogDetail.aspx?id=31049_0_3_0_C. Retrieved 28 February 2023.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 "sciMarket, Inc". Georgia Business Search. Georgia Corporations Division. https://ecorp.sos.ga.gov/BusinessSearch/BusinessInformation?businessId=1160135&fromSearch=True. Retrieved 28 February 2023.
- ↑ "LiMS forum - Laboratory Informatics Institute user's group for LIMS, Scientific & Health Informatics". LinkedIN. Archived from the original on 21 May 2014. https://web.archive.org/web/20140521155253/http://www.linkedin.com/groups/LiMS-forum-Laboratory-Informatics-Institute-2069898. Retrieved 28 February 2023.
- ↑ "Main Page - Revision as of 23:00, 12 April 2011 by Andersjim". Laboratory Informatics Institute. 12 April 2011. Archived from the original on 04 December 2020. https://web.archive.org/web/20201204134024/https://www.limswiki.org/index.php?title=Main_Page&direction=next&oldid=1. Retrieved 28 February 2023.
- ↑ "LIMSwiki mission". Laboratory Informatics Institute. http://www.limswiki.org/index.php?title=LIMSWiki:About. Retrieved 28 February 2023.
- ↑ "The LIMSuniversity eLearning Center". Laboratory Informatics Institute. Archived from the original on 28 September 2011. https://web.archive.org/web/20110928133017/http://www.limsuniversity.com/. Retrieved 28 February 2023.
- ↑ "LIMSInstitute.org - Lab Courses". Laboratory Informatics Institute. Archived from the original on 06 January 2014. https://web.archive.org/web/20140106062310/http://www.limsinstitute.org/. Retrieved 28 February 2023.