500 Oracle Parkway|
Redwood City, California, United States
|Subsidiaries||Oracle Health Sciences|
Oracle Corporation develops and distributes hardware and software systems of many varieties, including life sciences and health informatics software.
On August 11, 2010, Oracle finalized the purchase of Phase Forward Incorporated, a software company with a focus on clinical and laboratory informatics. Phase Forward's LabPas software survived as Oracle Health Sciences LabPas. Clinical Development Center survived as Oracle Health Sciences Clinical Development Analytics.
Sometime in 2014, Oracle Health Sciences discontinued LabPas.
Sometime in 2020 or 2021, Oracle Health Sciences Clinical Development Analytics was removed from the website. A new software, Oracle Health Sciences Data Management Workbench, may be the spiritual successor.
On December 21, 2022, Oracle announced intentions to acquire Cerner Corporation for $28 billion. Several hurdles still had to be passed, and Oracle extended its tender offer to March 16, 2022, though if shareholders accepted, it would still need to pass federal antitrust examination. The deal was extended again to April 13, though another lawsuit was apparently filed against Cerner by a shareholder attempting to enforce their Section 220 rights to access corporate books and records. Oracle eventually closed its acquisition, effective June 8, with Cerner becoming "a dedicated industry business unit" of Oracle.
Oracle Health Sciences LabPas was a software system that allowed users to "improve study volunteer recruitment, directly capture data electronically, and streamline the clinical process."
Oracle Health Sciences Clinical Development Analytics was a software system that "enable[s] companies to run their clinical programs more efficiently, delivers timely access to information, and increases productivity of both staff and sites."
Technology and products
Oracle Health Sciences Data Management Workbench
Oracle Health Sciences Data Management Workbench is a software system that "enable[s] companies to run their clinical programs more efficiently, delivers timely access to information, and increases productivity of both staff and sites."
| The following feature list(s) is/are derived solely from public, freely-available online information the vendor provides. A lack of a "Y" does not necessarily mean that the product doesn't have that feature. The lack of a "Y" could mean:
- ↑ "Investors - Phase Forward - Overview". Phase Forward Incorporated. http://investor.phaseforward.com/phoenix.zhtml?c=177364&p=irol-IRHome. Retrieved 22 December 2011.
- ↑ "Oracle Health Sciences LabPas". Oracle Corporation. Archived from the original on 24 November 2011. https://web.archive.org/web/20111124051153/http://www.oracle.com/us/industries/life-sciences/health-scienceslabpas-363655.html. Retrieved 10 September 2014.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 "Oracle Health Sciences Clinical Development Analytics". Oracle Corporation. Archived from the original on 05 November 2018. https://web.archive.org/web/20181105191732/http://www.oracle.com/us/products/applications/health-sciences/e-clinical/clinical-development/index.html. Retrieved 03 October 2021.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 "Oracle Health Sciences' LabPas". Oracle Corporation. Archived from the original on 19 December 2013. https://web.archive.org/web/20131219045439/http://www.oracle.com/us/products/applications/health-sciences/labpas/index.html. Retrieved 10 September 2014.
- ↑ Michel, R. (31 January 2022). "LIS Market Will Change After Oracle, CliniSys Deals". Dark Report. https://www.darkintelligencegroup.com/the-dark-report/laboratory-information-systems/lis-market-will-change-after-oracle-clinisys-deals/. Retrieved 26 March 2022.
- ↑ Millward, W.T. (14 February 2022). "Oracle-Cerner Tender Offer Deadline Extended". CRN. https://www.crn.com/news/cloud/oracle-cerner-tender-offer-deadline-extended. Retrieved 26 March 2022.
- ↑ Pappas, L.A. (16 March 2022). "Cerner Corp. Sued Again In Del. For Oracle Deal Info". Law360. https://www.law360.com/articles/1474083/cerner-corp-sued-again-in-del-for-oracle-deal-info. Retrieved 26 March 2022.
- ↑ Landi, H. (7 June 2022). "Oracle closes $28B deal to buy EHR giant Cerner". Fierce Healthcare. https://www.fiercehealthcare.com/health-tech/oracle-gets-european-approval-28m-cerner-deal-set-close-next-week. Retrieved 11 October 2022.
- ↑ 9.0 9.1 9.2 9.3 "Oracle Health Sciences Data Management Workbench". Oracle Health Sciences. https://www.oracle.com/industries/life-sciences/clinical-research/clinical-data-management/. Retrieved 03 October 2021.
- ↑ 10.0 10.1 10.2 10.3 "Oracle Health Sciences Data Management Workbench" (PDF). Oracle Corporation. 2020. https://www.oracle.com/a/ocom/docs/industries/life-sciences/oracle-health-sciences-data-management-workbench.pdf. Retrieved 03 October 2021.