Phase Forward Incorporated
|Defunct||August 11, 2010|
Phase Forward Incorporated was a U.S. company that developed and distributed laboratory informatics software, with a strong focus on the life sciences.
Acquisition of Waban Software
On April 22, 2009, Phase Forward announced that it had acquired Waban Software, Inc., including products Waban SMS and Waban LIMS. The Waban products were apparently merged into a Phase Forward offering called Clinical Development Center.
Acquisition by Oracle
Oracle Corporation announced on April 16, 2010 that it had an agreement to acquire and integrate Phase Forward into its structure. The U.S. Department of Justice (DoJ), however, questioned the acquisition, extending an antitrust review on May 28. The DoJ finally cleared the acquisition on August 6, and the acquisition was finalized on August 11, 2010.
Technology and products
- "Phase Forward Acquires Waban Software, Leading Provider of Platform Solutions Supporting Clinical Data Analysis and Reporting" Phase Forward Incorporated. 22 April 2009. Retrieved 22 December 2011.
- "Support for Phase Forward Products and Clinical Trials" Oracle Corporation. Retrieved 22 December 2011.
- "Oracle and Phase Forward" Oracle Corporation. Retrieved 04 June 2011.
- Finkle, Jim and Andre Grenon (28 May 2010). "DoJ questions Oracle's Phase Forward buy". Reuters. http://www.reuters.com/article/2010/05/28/us-phaseforward-oracle-idUSTRE64R66A20100528. Retrieved 04 June 2011.
- "DOJ clears Oracle purchase of Phase Forward" Bloomberg Businessweek. 06 August 2010. Retrieved 04 June 2011.
- "Investors - Phase Forward - Overview" Phase Forward Incorporated. Retrieved 04 June 2011.
- "Oracle Health Sciences LabPas" Oracle Corporation. Retrieved 22 December 2011.
- "Oracle Health Sciences Clinical Development Center" Oracle Corporation. Retrieved 22 December 2011.