|Original author(s)||Kasper Skårhøj|
|Initial release||May 24, 2002(3.3.0)|
[ (May 15, 2019 ) ±]
|Type||Content management system|
|License(s)||GNU General Public License v2.0|
TYPO3 is free open-source content management software.
TYPO3 was first created by Danish developer Kasper Skårhøj in late 1997 as an attempt to fill an online content management niche. By 2000, Skårhøj took the project solo by leaving his development company superfish.com and open-sourcing a beta release. After two years of beta development, the first stable release of TYPO3 arrived on May 24, 2002 as version 3.3.0. By early 2005, a new "TYPO3 Association" was created to manage "the continual adaptation of TYPO3 to international software standards" and oversee financial and legal matters for the project.
By 2012, a proposal was made to completely rewrite the code for version 5.0 of the software. While working on this new release and analyzing the 10-year history and complexity of TYPO3 version 4.x, the TYPO3 community decided to publish version 5.0 as a completely new product with a new name. In September 2012, the TYPO3 developers decided on the final name for the new product, "TYPO3 Neos." TYPO3 Neos is in alpha development, while the 4.x versioning jumped to 6.x with the November 2012 release.
The main features of TYPO3 include:
- WYSIWYG editor
- image editing tools
- dynamically updated menus
- front-end drag-and-drop editing tools
- query tools
- multi-site management
- user-based security
Installation requirements for TYPO3 include:
- PHP 5.3.7 or greater
- MySQL 5.1.x or greater
- Apache or IIS server
For more information, consult the documentation.
Videos, screenshots, and other media
- Videos for TYPO3 can be found on the TYPO3 site.
- Screenshots of TYPO3's backend can be found on the site.
- A demo of TYPO3 is available through OpenSourceCMS.
- Documentation for TYPO3 can be found on the site.
Entities using TYPO3
- "www.typo3.com". Kasper Skårhøj. Archived from the original on 02 August 2002. http://web.archive.org/web/20020601085018/http://www.typo3.com/index.php. Retrieved 10 January 2013.
- "The History of TYPO3". TYPO3 Association. http://typo3.org/about/typo3-the-cms/the-history-of-typo3/. Retrieved 10 January 2013.
- "TYPO3 Adopts a New Strategy for Success". OSDir.com. 02 February 2005. http://osdir.com/Article3943.phtml. Retrieved 24 January 2013.
- Stucki, Michael (03 March 2012). "The TYPO3 Core Team is giving a short summary about the upcoming releases of TYPO3". TYPO3 Association. http://typo3.org/news/article/the-typo3-core-team-is-giving-a-short-summary-about-the-upcoming-releases-of-typo3/. Retrieved 24 January 2013.
- "Introduction - TYPO3 Neos". TYPO3 Association. http://neos.typo3.org/documentation/gettingstarted/introduction.html. Retrieved 24 January 2013.
- Dambekalns, Karsten (10 October 2012). "TYPO3 Neos and Flow - September 2012". TYPO3 Association. http://typo3.org/news/article/typo3-neos-and-flow-september-2012/. Retrieved 24 January 2013.
- "TYPO3 - Features". TYPO3 Association. http://typo3.org/about/features/. Retrieved 10 January 2013.