Verizon Managed Security Services
From LIMSWikiJump to navigationJump to search
The printable version is no longer supported and may have rendering errors. Please update your browser bookmarks and please use the default browser print function instead.
|Founder(s)||Charles R. Lee and Ivan Seidenberg|
|Headquarters||1095 Avenue of the Americas, New York, New York, U.S.|
|Number of locations||150+|
|Key people||Hans Vestberg (CEO)|
|Services||MSS-Premises and MSS-Analytics|
|Revenue||$8.1 billion (Business, Q4, 2020)|
Verizon Managed Security Services is a suite of managed security services (MSS) offered by Verizon Communications, Inc., a multinational telecommunications company. Verizon describes its MSS as allowing you to "proactively identify vulnerabilities and prioritize threats—helping you improve visibility and reduce risk." As of June 2021, Verizon is listed among the top 20 MSS providers around the world by several entities.
Managed security services
It's not entirely clear, but given available information, it appears Verizon divides its MSS into two categories: MSS-Premises and MSS-Analytics. Those services include:
- MSS-Premises: Provides monitoring and management of devices and their security, including analyzing and reporting of threats and incidents.
- MSS-Analytics: Provides more advanced monitoring and management of devices and their security. This includes "anomaly-based detection with near real-time correlation," "behavioral modeling to detect advanced threats and provide valuable insights," malware detection, network analysis, asset scanning, vulnerability scanning, and more.
Documentation and other media
- ↑ "Verizon ends 2020 with strong earnings and cash flow, and increased wireless service revenue growth". Verizon News Center. Verizon Communications, Inc. 26 January 2021. https://www.verizon.com/about/news/verizon-ends-2020-strong-earnings-and-cash-flow-and-increased-wireless-service-revenue-growth. Retrieved 03 June 2021.
- ↑ "Monitor Threats and Know Your Risk" (PDF). Verizon Communications, Inc. 2018. https://enterprise.verizon.com/resources/solutionsbriefs/2018/sb-managed-security-services-premises.pdf. Retrieved 03 June 2021.
- ↑ "Top 250 MSSPs for 2020: Companies 20 to 11". Top 250 MSSPs: Cybersecurity Company List and Research for 2020. MSSP Alert. September 2020. https://www.msspalert.com/top250/list-2020/24/. Retrieved 03 June 2021.
- ↑ "Top 100 Managed Security Service Providers (MSSPs)". Cyber Defense Magazine. Cyber Defense Media Group. 18 February 2021. https://www.cyberdefensemagazine.com/top-100-managed-security-service-providers-mssps/. Retrieved 03 June 2021.
- ↑ "Managed Security Services". Verizon Communications, Inc. https://enterprise.verizon.com/resources/articles/managed-security-services/. Retrieved 03 June 2021.
- ↑ "Managed Security Services - Analytics". Verizon Communications, Inc. https://enterprise.verizon.com/resources/articles/advanced-analytics/. Retrieved 03 June 2021.