|Original author(s)||Chad Rosen|
|Developer(s)||Francisco Mancardi, Julian Krien, and the TestLink community|
|Initial release||October 17, 2003(1.0.0)|
|Stable release||±](September 19, 2015 ) [|
|License(s)||GNU General Public License v3.0|
TestLink is a free web-based open-source test management application for managing software quality assurance.
TestLink was created by Chad Rosen, a software developer for Good Technology in the early 2000s. Rosen came up with the idea of creating a test tracking tool after the development team he worked on had difficulties manually tracking QA test results and which test cases were and were not completed. Desiring a more efficient system of test tracking and a better way for developers to see what the QA team was doing, Rosen and his manager Mike Belshe programmed TestLink. Afterwards, Good Technology gave permission to release the TestLink software as open-source, with a SourceForge project starting September 25, 2003 and a first release of the software as a .sql file on October 17. Version 1.0.4 — released on May 17, 2004 — was the final version Rosen worked on before leaving the open-source project. Despite Rosen's departure, steady work continued on the project, with Francisco Mancardi eventually taking lead of the development team.
On February 12, 2011 the project began preparations to move the code repository from SourceForge and CVS to Gitorious and GIT due to both a security attack on SourceForge and past refusals of potential contributors to help the project due to CVS being used.
In November 2012, TestLink was the winner of open-source project BitNami's bi-weekly packaging contest, to be packaged as part of the BitNami Library.
Features of TestLink include:
- test case management
- test case reuse
- test step reuse requirement management
- bug tracker system integration
- XML support
- reporting and charting
Installation requirements for version 1.8 include:
- MySQL 4.1.x and higher or Postgres 8.x and higher or μsoft SQL 2000 and higher
- a web server (Apache 1.3.x or 2.x and higher, IIS 3 and higher, etc.).
- PHP 5.2 or greater
For more on installation requirements and instructions, consult the documentation.
Videos, screenshots, and other media
- A live demo of TestLink is available here.
Entities using TestLink
- "Files: Home / Older files". SourceForge. http://sourceforge.net/projects/testlink/files/Older%20files/. Retrieved 16 November 2012.
- Belshe, Mike. "Mike's Lookout - Software". Mike Belshe. http://www.belshe.com/software/. Retrieved 16 November 2012.
- "Roadmap". Martin Havlát. 07 July 2004. http://www.teamst.org/index.php/roadmap. Retrieved 16 November 2012.
- "Code moved from CVS to GIT". Martin Havlát. 09 March 2011. http://www.teamst.org/index.php/news-mainmenu-2/1-latest/105-code-moved-from-cvs-to-git. Retrieved 16 November 2012.
- "TestLink - Open Source Test Management". Gitorious. http://gitorious.org/testlink-ga. Retrieved 16 November 2012.
- Rueda, Beltrán (13 November 2012). "TestLink now available in BitNami". BitNami.org. http://blog.bitnami.org/2012/11/testlink-now-available-in-bitnami.html. Retrieved 16 November 2012.