|Initial release||June 14, 2013(0.1.1)|
[ (February 27, 2018 ) ±]
|Written in||C++, Qt|
|Type||Laboratory informatics software|
|License(s)||GNU General Public License v3.0|
Developer and research scientist Daniel Wagenaar started the eln project on Launchpad on June 14, 2013 and deposited a version 0.1.1 onto the site the same day. It's assumed work began on the software before then, as Wagenaar refers to the software as "fairly mature and used daily in our lab" on his lab's web page.
- data import
- internal and external linking
- entries and images stored in hierarchical folder structure
- automatic table of contents generation
- autosave feature
- drag-and-drop and cut-and-paste support
- automatically saves PubMed docs
No particular installation requirements exist for eln, unless you're going to compile the binaries yourself.
Videos, screenshots, and other media
- The eln user guide can be found here (PDF).
- A few examples of eln pages can be found here. Click the image to start.
- Older documentation from 2013–2014 can be found here. (PDF)