|Developer(s)||Allura development team|
|Stable release||±](May 2021 ) [|
Software development tool|
Project management software
Bug tracking software
GNU General Public License v2.0|
Apache License v2.0
Allura is freely-available open-source "forge" software used for hosting software projects.
Allura started out in July 2010 as a complete rewrite of SourceForge's code, which is responsible for handing code hosting, discussion forums, wikis, and ticket management. The project has since been open-sourced on SourceForge for others to contribute. In June 2012, SourceForge released Allura under the Apache license and submitted it to the Apache foundation for incubation. The rationale for this was as an Apache project, Allura will enable vendors and SourceForge project participants to utilize the source code for their own purposes, giving them more complete control over their data.
In late 2012, Allura was in incubation with the Apache Software Foundation and was likely to be discussed at ApacheCon North America in late February 2013. An "Initial ASF Incubation release" was created but not generally made public in August 2013, with the first public release arriving as 1.0.1 in October. Work has been ongoing since then.
Features of Allura include:
- issue tracking
- threaded discussion forums
- code repository
- wiki support
- blog support
- query tools
- RSS and e-mail support
Installation requirements include:
Installation instructions can be found here.
Videos, screenshots, and other media
Documentation for Allura can be found on the Apache site.
Entities using Allura
- Proffitt, Brian (18 June 2012). "SourceForge back-end code to be donated to Apache". ITworld. http://www.itworld.com/it-managementstrategy/281561/sourceforge-back-end-code-be-donated-apache. Retrieved 10 November 2012.
- "SourceForge submits Allura to Apache's Incubator". The H. 19 June 2012. http://www.h-online.com/open/news/item/SourceForge-submits-Allura-to-Apache-s-Incubator-1620747.html. Retrieved 10 November 2012.
- "Apache Allura (incubating)". The Apache Software Foundation. http://incubator.apache.org/allura/. Retrieved 10 November 2012.
- Grace, Whitney (29 October 2012). "Apache Holds Open Source Conference". Open Search News. http://opensearchnews.com/2012/10/apache-holds-open-source-conference/. Retrieved 10 November 2012.
- "Apache Allura - Changes". Apache Software Foundation. https://forge-allura.apache.org/p/allura/git/ci/asf_release_1.2.1/tree/CHANGES. Retrieved 15 June 2015.