|Type||Public research university|
|Location||Augusta, Georgia, United States|
|Colors||Blue and gray|
Augusta University is a public research university with its main campus located in Augusta, Georgia, United States. It is one of four public research universities in the University System of Georgia (USG). Augusta University comprises nine colleges and schools as well as the 478-bed Augusta University Medical Center, the Children's Hospital of Georgia, outpatient clinics, classrooms, laboratories, residence halls, a student center, a wellness center and a medical education library. The entire complex has more than 10,000 employees, making it the second-largest employer in the region with an annual economic impact of $2 billion. The university receives over $100 million annually in total sponsored research funding.
Health and clinical informatics
The following health/clinical informatics options exist for potential students:
- B.S. in Health Information Management
- 69 credit hours, "The program is a '2+2,' meaning the student completes the first two years at any accredited college of choice, including GRU, and the last two years as an HIA student."
- Available online? Online or on-campus
- Program URL: http://catalog.augusta.edu/preview_program.php?catoid=17&poid=1189
- Graduate Certificate in Health Information Administration
- 34 credit hours allied health/nursing; 31 credit hours for business administration, healthcare administration, and computer sciences majors
- Available online? Yes
- Program URL: http://catalog.augusta.edu/preview_program.php?catoid=17&poid=1198
Additional external links
- ↑ "About the Georgia Health Sciences enterprise". Augusta University. http://www.augusta.edu/about/enterprise.php. Retrieved 27 September 2016.
- ↑ "Sponsored Activities". Augusta University. http://www.augusta.edu/ie/ir/facts/sponsored/. Retrieved 27 September 2016.