BT Cyber Security Platform
|Founder(s)||Michael Pearson and Joan Wilbanks|
|Headquarters||1 Concourse Pkwy NE, #500, Atlanta, Georgia, United States|
|Number of locations||10|
|Key people||Michael R. Cote (CEO)|
Security management, advanced threat services, security monitoring,|
|Revenue||$139.7M (2020, Q4)|
BT Cyber Security Platform is a suite of "selected integrated technologies from across the industry to bring you scalable, adaptable [cybersecurity] services," which presumably (though not entirely clear) acts as the base of managed security services (MSS) offered by BT Group, a multinational cybersecurity and managed security services provider (MSSP). The platform appears to be a blending of software technologies and cybersecurity services by BT, as the company adds in its data sheet about BT Cyber Security Platform: "Our cyber-security services are not a piece of software or hardware. They’re a confluence of people, technology and process."
As of May 2021, BT Group is listed among the top 12 MSSPs around the world by multiple entities.
Managed security services
The BT website is a bit confusing, but it appears that the BT Cyber Security Platform is essentially acting as the base of BT's managed security services. This "platform" is understood to be able to provide a number of services, including:
- real-time behavior analytyics and data visualization
- 24/7 threat monitoring, assessment, and response
- alert dashboards
However, BT appears to have a wide breadth of 25 other related security services, including managed cloud security, cloud security consulting, endpoint security, security vulnerability scanning, and more. Consult its list of security services for more.
Documentation and other media
- ↑ Motley Fool Transcribers (11 March 2021). "SecureWorks Corp. (SCWX) Q4 2021 Earnings Call Transcript". The Motley Fool. https://www.fool.com/earnings/call-transcripts/2021/03/11/secureworks-corp-scwx-q4-2021-earnings-call-transc/. Retrieved 29 May 2021.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 "Cyber Security Platform" (PDF). BT Group. 2020. https://www.globalservices.bt.com/content/dam/globalservices/documents/datasheets/Cyber-Security-Platform-Jan2020.pdf. Retrieved 30 May 2021.
- ↑ "Top 250 MSSPs for 2020: Companies 20 to 11". Top 250 MSSPs: Cybersecurity Company List and Research for 2020. MSSP Alert. September 2020. https://www.msspalert.com/top250/list-2020/24/. Retrieved 30 May 2021.
- ↑ "Top 100 Managed Security Service Providers (MSSPs)". Cyber Defense Magazine. Cyber Defense Media Group. 18 February 2021. https://www.cyberdefensemagazine.com/top-100-managed-security-service-providers-mssps/. Retrieved 30 May 2021.
- ↑ "Top 15 Best Managed Security Service Providers (MSSPs) In 2021". Software Testing Help. 30 April 2021. https://www.softwaretestinghelp.com/managed-security-service-providers/. Retrieved 30 May 2021.
- ↑ "Explore our products and services for Security". BT Group. https://www.globalservices.bt.com/en/solutions/products?sector=all&technology=security&page=3. Retrieved 30 May 2021.