ClinCapture (open-source software)
|Developer(s)||Clinovo, Inc. (dba ClinCapture)|
|Initial release||April 9, 2013(22.214.171.124)|
[ (January 16, 2017 ) ±]
|Preview release||±](April 12, 2016 ) [|
|Written in||Java, JSP, XML|
Electronic data capture|
Clinical trials software
|License(s)||GNU Lesser General Public License|
ClinCapture was an open-source electronic data capture (EDC) system designed for data capture, query management, and reporting for clinical trials for pharmaceutical, biotechnology, and medical device companies. It was a fork of OpenClinica 3.1.3.
On April 4, 2013 support services company Clinovo, Inc. made its EDC tool ClinCapture, a fork of OpenClinica 3.1.3, available to the open-source developer community, though the company had publicly referred to its software as open-source before it was made public to the general community. Clinovo CTO Mark Desgrousilliers stated the "decision to fork was borne out of a desire to: a) promote a higher level of quality in the code base itself, b) to provide a higher level of transparency, and c) to generate a feature set that was geared towards the needs of a CRO."
A few days later, on April 9, the first public open-source release of ClinCapture was made available to the community under the GNU Lesser General Public License. Later that summer, Clinovo began offering hosting services for the software.
In March 2016, Clinovo (which began doing business as "ClinCapture" in 2016) announced that it had attracted its two-hundredth clinical study to the ClinCapture platform.
Sometime in early 2017, the company removed reference to its free open-source ClinCapture software from its website. In early 2018, the company confirmed (in personal correspondence) that it "no longer offers free EDC." The last known publicly announced Community version of ClinCapture was 126.96.36.199, released on January 16, 2017 (though unpublicized closed development continued to occur). In February 2018, the company officially changed names from Clinovo, Inc. to ClinCapture, Inc. It now offers commercial EDC called "Captivate."
Features and versions
- 21 CFR Part 11 compliance
- real-time data access
- support for multiple study sites
- user roles and role-based security
- patient management
- query support
Videos, screenshots, and other media
Archived versions of ClinCapture brochures:
Entities using ClinCapture
According to Clinovo, the following entities used ClinCapture:
Acclarant, Accuray, Apnicure, BioMarin, Concentric Medical, Corcept, Digitaliza TXT, EO2 Concepts, Forsight Labs, GCP-Service International, Genentech, Gilead, Guided Delivery Systems, Integrium, Intuitive Surgical, Janssen, Kona Medical, Medivation, Nestle, NovaBay, Onyx Pharmaceuticals, Pharmacyclics, PRC Clinical, Regenexx, Sequenom, Sunesis, Synergy Research Group, Topera Medical, WCCT
- ClinCapture, Inc., for its commercial products and services
- "ClinCapture Release Notes - ClinCapture Version 188.8.131.52" (TXT). Clinovo, Inc. Archived from the original on 02 May 2016. https://web.archive.org/web/20160502163129/https://svn.clinovo.com/clincapture/trunk/web/README.txt. Retrieved 08 March 2018.
- "source: tags/clincapture-184.108.40.206@50". Clinovo, Inc. Archived from the original on 02 May 2016. https://web.archive.org/web/20160502163201/https://trac.clinovo.com/clincapture/browser/tags/clincapture-220.127.116.11?rev=50. Retrieved 08 March 2018.
- "License.txt" (TXT). Clinovo, Inc. https://svn.clincapture.com/clincapture/trunk/web/LICENSE.txt. Retrieved 08 March 2018.
- Collins, Cal; Desgrousilliers, Marc (30 May 2013). "clincapture looks familiar". OpenClinica LLC. https://mailman.openclinica.com/pipermail/users/2013-June/008433.html. Retrieved 02 May 2016.
- Desgrousilliers, M. (21 May 2013). "Why ClinCapture branched from OpenClinica". Clinovo, Inc. Archived from the original on 08 March 2018. https://web.archive.org/web/20180308183100/http://www.clincapture.com/clincapture/forum/developers/general-discussion/why-clincapture-branched-openclinica. Retrieved 08 March 2018.
- Taylor, Nick Paul (4 April 2013). "What's hot this week in new tech launches". FierceBiotech. Archived from the original on 10 June 2013. https://web.archive.org/web/20130610195540/http://www.fiercebiotechit.com/story/whats-hot-week-new-tech-launches/2013-04-04. Retrieved 04 September 2013.
- Timpson, Theral (27 January 2013). "Clinical Trials Go Open Source with Marc Desgrousilliers, Clinovo". Mendelspod.com. http://mendelspod.com/podcast/clinical-trials-go-open-source-with-marc-desgrousilliers-clinovo. Retrieved 04 September 2013.
- "ClinCapture Hosting". Clinovo, Inc. Archived from the original on 01 August 2013. https://web.archive.org/web/20130801141224/http://www.clinovo.com/clincapture/services/hosting. Retrieved 02 May 2016.
- "ClinCapture EDC Attracts its 200th Standard Clinical Study". PRWeb. Vocus PRW Holdings, LLC. 22 March 2016. http://www.prweb.com/releases/2016/03/prweb13284279.htm. Retrieved 02 May 2016.
- "ClinCapture Downloads". Clinovo, Inc. Archived from the original on 08 March 2018. https://web.archive.org/web/20180308185642/http://www.clincapture.com/downloads. Retrieved 08 March 2018.
- "source:branches@5109". Clinovo, Inc. Archived from the original on 08 March 2018. https://web.archive.org/web/20180308192201/https://trac.clincapture.com/clincapture/browser/branches?rev=5109&order=name#. Retrieved 08 March 2018.
- "Business Search". California Secretary of State. https://businesssearch.sos.ca.gov/. Retrieved 08 March 2018. "Search for either ClinCapture or entity number C3597668"
- "Comparison". Clinovo, Inc. http://www.clincapture.com/new/product/comparison/. Retrieved 08 March 2018.
- "ClinCapture: The Most Advanced Open-source EDC" (PDF). Clinovo, Inc. Archived from the original on 24 January 2014. https://web.archive.org/web/20140124064449/http://www.clinovo.com/userfiles/EDC_brochure.pdf. Retrieved 08 March 2018.
- "Introductory demo of ClinCapture". Clinovo, Inc. Archived from the original on 07 November 2014. https://web.archive.org/web/20141107203933/http://www.clinovo.com/clincapture/take-a-tour/introduction-to-clincapture. Retrieved 08 March 2018.
- "Some of Our Clients". Clinovo, Inc. Archived from the original on 07 April 2016. https://web.archive.org/web/20160407081232/http://www.clincapture.com/about-clincapture/clients. Retrieved 03 March 2018.