Clinical terminology server
A clinical terminology server provides the following services to client applications:
- management of external references
- management of internal representations
- mapping natural language to concepts and vv
- mapping concepts to medical classification schemes
- management of extrinsic information
The main purpose of a clinical terminology server is to allow the consistent and comparable entry of clinical data, e.g. patient observations, findings and events.
- Rector AL, Solomon WD, Nowlan WA, Rush TW, Zanstra PE, Claassen WM (1995). "A Terminology Server for Medical Language and Medical Information Systems" (PDF). Methods Inf Med. 34 (1–2): 147–57. doi:10.1055/s-0038-1634569. PMID 9082124. S2CID 7978610. Archived from the original (PDF) on 2019-03-08.
- CG Chute, PL Elkin, DD Sherertz, MS Tuttle, (1999), Desiderata for a Clinical Terminology Server
This article is a direct transclusion of the Wikipedia article and therefore may not meet the same editing standards as LIMSwiki.