|Developer(s)||Maurice HT Ling|
|Initial release||February 13, 2009(1.0)|
[ (February 14, 2010 ) ±]
|Type||Laboratory informatics software|
|License(s)||GNU General Public License|
In October 2008, Maurice HT Ling, began working on CyNote with Ng Yong Yao, who was key in setting up the core components of the software. Ling was working as academic staff in the School of Chemical and Life Sciences at Singapore Polytechnic during this time, aspiring to develop CyNote as both a teaching tool for his bioinformatics classes and as a laboratory data management tool for him and his students. By February 13, 2009, version 1.0 of the software was released under the open-source model on SourceForge.
Steady progress was made on the application throughout 2009 and into early 2010. Work on a potential version 1.5 seems to have started, with the last code change by Ling occurring on July 16, 2012, but no indication has been given of an updated version.
The following table shows the dates of various releases:
|1.4.1||14 February 2010|
|1.4||15 January 2010|
|1.3||06 January 2010|
|1.2||11 November 2009|
|1.1||08 August 2009|
|1.0.1||13 July 2009|
|1.0||13 February 2009|
Features of CyNote include:
- support for multiple notebooks
- support for archiving
- data analysis
- bioinformatics calculations
- administrative management
- date-time stamped backups
- 21 CFR Part 11 compliance
Installation requirements for CyNote include:
- Python 2.6.1 or greater
Reference the website for more information on installing and setting up CyNote.
Videos, screenshots, and other media
- Some screenshots of the program can be found in the online documentation.
Entities using CyNote
- Yong Yao, Ng; Ling, Maurice HT (2010). "Electronic Laboratory Notebook on Web2Py Framework". The Python Papers 5 (3): 7. http://ojs.pythonpapers.org/index.php/tpp/article/view/184.
CyNote can also be found on SourceForge. However, use caution when downloading and installing from there; the install package may contain undesirable add-on software.
- "Features of CyNote". SourceForge. http://cynote.sourceforge.net/features.html. Retrieved 05 October 2012.
- "CyNote Development Team". SourceForge. http://cynote.sourceforge.net/team.html. Retrieved 05 October 2012.
- "CyNote Website". SourceForge. http://cynote.sourceforge.net/. Retrieved 05 October 2012.
- "SCM Repositories - cynote". SourceForge. http://cynote.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/cynote/cynote/?view=log. Retrieved 05 October 2012.