Cyderes Managed Services
|Predecessor||Herjavec Group, Fistech Group|
|Founder(s)||Robert Herjavec, Gary Fish|
|Headquarters||180 Duncan Mill Rd., 7th Floor, Toronto, Ontario, Canada|
|Number of locations||4|
|Key people||Robert Herjavec (CEO)|
|Services||Security monitoring and management, technology support, device management, threat research, incident response, vulnerability scanning, etc.|
Cyderes Managed Services—formerly Herjavec Group and Fistech Group—is a suite of managed security services (MSS) offered by Cyderes, a multinational cybersecurity and managed security services provider (MSSP). Cyderes describes its MSS as enabling "customers to focus their resources on growing their business while we help address their threats in a way that’s better, faster, more cost effective, and more scalable than in-house solutions." As of August 2023, Cyderes is listed among the top 20 MSSPs around the world by multiple entities.
In February 2021, Herjavec Group expanded its operations with its acquisition by private equity firm Apax Partners in February 2021, with Apax making the acquisition "to drive the business forward, investing in continued product innovation and growth acceleration while maintaining the company’s number one priority: its customer centricity."
In late December 2021, Herjavec Group and cybersecurity provider Fishtech Group announced intents to merge their companies into a newly branded single cybersecurity entity in early 2022, with Robert Herjavec retaining the CEO position and Gary Fish serving as chairman of the board. The merger was wrapped up in early 2022, revealing the new name of the merged entities as "Cyderes."
Managed security services
Cyderes splits its managed services into three categories on its MSS page:
- Managed security: security operations centers, threat detection and triage, playbook development, and endpoint detection and response
- Cloud security: full cloud-native monitoring, multi-cloud workload coverage, security governance and compliance monitoring
- Google: Google-specific analytics and platform-as-a-service, security analytics, dashboards, correlation logic
The company has key offerings associated with each category. See the offerings page for more.
Documentation and other media
- "Managed Services". Cyderes. https://www.cyderes.com/managed-services/. Retrieved 11 August 2023.
- "Top 250 MSSPs for 2022: Companies 20 to 11". Top 250 MSSPs: Cybersecurity Company List and Research for 2022. MSSP Alert. September 2022. https://www.msspalert.com/top250/list-2022/24/. Retrieved 11 August 2023.
- "The 22 Best Managed Security Service Providers Ranked". Network Assured. https://networkassured.com/vendors/managed-security/. Retrieved 11 August 2023.
- Panettieri, J. (11 February 2021). "MSSP Herjavec Group Acquired by Private Equity Firm Apax Partners". MSSP Alert. https://www.msspalert.com/cybersecurity-news/herjavec-group-acquired-by-apax-partners/. Retrieved 11 August 2023.
- Starland News Staff (30 December 2021). "Merger alert: ‘Shark Tank’ star teams with Gary Fish, Fishtech to form new cybersecurity powerhouse". Startland News. https://www.startlandnews.com/2021/12/fishtech-herjavec/. Retrieved 11 August 2023.
- Starland News Staff (7 June 2022). "‘Cyderes’ emerges from Fishtech, Herjavec merger; new cybersecurity powerhouse aims to reshape market". Startland News. https://www.startlandnews.com/2022/06/cyderes-fishtech-herjavec/. Retrieved 11 August 2023.