|Original author(s)||Conrado Viña, Marcos Saiz, and Ignacio de Soto|
|Developer(s)||Secure Data SRL (dba Feng Office)|
|Initial release||December 18, 2009(1.0.0)|
[ (January 26, 2022 ) ±]
|Preview release||±](July 1, 2016 ) [|
Enterprise management system|
Project management software
|License(s)||GNU Affero General Public License|
Feng Office is web-based open-source enterprise and project management software. It is available in a free Community Edition and a fee-based commercial Professional edition that comes in three tiers of pricing.
Feng Office started as the open-source project OpenGoo, a degree project presented and championed by software developer Conrado Viña. Developers Marcos Saiz and Ignacio de Soto joined the effort and developed the first prototype as their thesis, while professors Eduardo Fernández and Tomás Laurenzo served as advisors. By late 2008, Viña, Saiz, Riestra and de Soto started the company Feng Office and looked for funding for the development and support of the OpenGoo project.
The main features of Feng Office Community Edition include:
- start and due dates for tasks
- time tracking
- task templates
- alerts and reminders
- collaborative workspaces
- e-mail integration
- commenting and subscribing
- IMAP support
- search tools
- document management
- Google Docs, Contacts, and Calendar integration
- customizable interface
Installation requirements for Feng Office include:
- Apache 2.x or greater
- PHP 5.x or greater
- MySQL 5.x or greater
- a set of specific modules and libraries
Consult the installation guide for more information.
Videos, screenshots, and other media
- Videos of Feng Office can be found on YouTube.
- Screenshots of Feng Office can be found on Softpedia].
- A demo of Feng Office is available on the site.
- Documentation for Feng Office can be found on the wiki.
Entities using Feng Office
- Feng Office on GitHub (active)
- Feng Office on Open Hub
- Feng Office on Freecode
- Feng Office on Bitnami
- Feng Office blog
- "Project News for Feng Office: Project Management and more - Page 2". SourceForge. http://sourceforge.net/news/index.php?group_id=191520&limit=5&offset=5. Retrieved 13 January 2013.
- "Who develops OpenGoo". Conrado Viña. Archived from the original on 26 May 2007. http://web.archive.org/web/20070526073931/http://www.opengoo.org/who.html. Retrieved 24 January 2013.
- Viña, Conrado (7 October 2008). "Feng Office - News". Secure Data SRL. Archived from the original on 05 March 2009. http://web.archive.org/web/20090305204219/http://www.fengoffice.com/web/news.php. Retrieved 24 January 2013.
- "Local Feng Office tienta a PyMes del mundo". Diario El País. 5 June 2009. http://www.elpais.com.uy/Suple/Empresario/09/06/05/elempre_421177.asp. Retrieved 24 January 2013.
- Mackie, Simon (29 December 2009). "OpenGoo Rebranded As Feng Office Community Edition". The New York Times. http://www.nytimes.com/external/gigaom/2009/12/29/29gigaom-opengoo-rebranded-as-feng-office-community-editio-91317.html. Retrieved 24 January 2013.
- "Differences between Editions and versions". Secure Data SRL. http://www.fengoffice.com/web/wiki/doku.php/feng_office_editions_comparison. Retrieved 13 January 2013.