|Initial release||August 28, 2013(0.10.1)|
[ (September 6, 2014 ) ±]
|Type||Laboratory informatics software|
Students Matt Forster, David Sinclaire, Andrew Sanders, and Graham Fluet of Lethbridge College, in cooperation with Lethbridge Research Center, began a student project in 2013 to create a simple tool for managing sample metadata:
A need exists for a simple tool to curate laboratory culture collections and handle ever increasing sample metadata annotations. As existing LIMS systems are complicated and cost prohibitive, the decision was made to create a lightweight, open source solution available to laboratories involved in culture collections or sample curation.
At some point the GitHub repository was archived, and work was discontinued. With no updates since 2014, the project is considered abandoned.
- import and export CSV spreadsheets
- store general metadata designed to complement the environmental packages provided by the Genomic Standards Consortium
- annotate and review records from multiple computer
- private, searchable metadata library
- user-based permissions
- audit trail
- standard field-based query
Unincluded dependencies were:
- Apache 2.2+ (or equivalent)
- PHP 5.3+
- MySQL 5.5
Consult the installation notes for more information.
Videos, screenshots, and other media
Entities using LIIS
- Forster, Matthew S.; Paterson, Lyn; Forster, Robert J. (2014). "LIIS: A web-based system for culture collections and sample annotation". Journal of Open Research Software 2 (1): e2. doi:10.5334/jors.aj. http://openresearchsoftware.metajnl.com/article/view/jors.aj/27.
- "LIIS > releases". GitHub. https://github.com/forstermatth/LIIS/releases. Retrieved 22 May 2014.
- Forster, Matthew S.; Paterson, Lyn; Forster, Robert J. (2014). "LIIS: A web-based system for culture collections and sample annotation". Journal of Open Research Software 2 (1): e2. doi:10.5334/jors.aj. http://openresearchsoftware.metajnl.com/article/view/jors.aj/27. Retrieved 22 May 2014.
- "LIIS > Initial commit". GitHub. https://github.com/forstermatth/LIIS/commit/b435883749d89e910c531253fb4fd5484fa0cb9d. Retrieved 22 May 2014.