|Developer(s)||University of Southampton|
|Initial release||January 17, 2012(2.2-r301)|
[ (July 28, 2015 ) ±]
|Preview release||±](January 18, 2019 ) [|
Electronic laboratory notebook|
Laboratory informatics software
|License(s)||BSD 3-Clause License|
LabTrove is a free open-source electronic laboratory notebook (ELN) that "enables researchers to share their experimental plans, thoughts, observations and achievements with the wider online community in a secure, semantically rich and extensible manner."
LabTrove is part of the Smart Research Framework (SRF), a research collective which aims to integrate social networking's benefits into a rigorous and reliable laboratory informatics framework. It can be installed locally, or it's also available as a hosted service via U.K. business Liberata.
An open-source SourceForge project was started on July 28, 2010, and release candidates were made public via SourceForge and the website LabTrove.org. The first stable release of LabTrove is believed to be version 2.2-r301, released on January 17, 2012. Development has continued on the software since as part of the SRF.
Features of LabTrove include:
- API-enabled automated processing
- metadata support
- blog style with timeline views
- document management
- LDAP, OpenID, username and password authentication
- available support and consultancy service
Prerequisite software can be installed manually or via a Debian all-in-one package. Installation requirements for LabTrove include:
- Apache 2 Web Server on Debian
- MySQL Server
- ImageMagick, ZIP, and other utilities
See the installation guide for more information.
Videos, screenshots, and other media
- LabTrove documentation can be found on the wiki.
Entities using LabTrove
Entities using LabTrove include:
University of Southampton, University of Reading
LabTrove can also be found on SourceForge. However, use caution when downloading and installing from there; the install package may contain undesirable add-on software.
- "LabTrove - Release Log". University of Southampton. http://www.labtrove.org/getlabtrove/releaselog.html. Retrieved 18 February 2013.
- "LabTrove - About Us". University of Southampton. http://www.labtrove.org/aboutus/. Retrieved 18 February 2013.
- "The Smart Research Framework (SRF) - LabTrove". University of Southampton. http://www.mylabnotebook.ac.uk/software/labtrove.html. Retrieved 18 February 2013.
- "The Smart Research Framework (SRF) - The Vision". University of Southampton. http://www.mylabnotebook.ac.uk/vision.html. Retrieved 18 February 2013.
- "Liberata - Higher Education". Liberata UK Limited. http://www.liberata.com/products-services/it-solutions/sectors/higher-education. Retrieved 18 February 2013.
- "LabTrove and Liberata help Universities improve their Research Data Management" (PDF). Liberata UK Limited. http://www.liberata.com/docs/pdf/university-of-southampton.pdf?sfvrsn=6. Retrieved 18 February 2013.
- "LabTrove". SourceForge. http://sourceforge.net/projects/labtrove/. Retrieved 18 February 2013.
- "LabTrove - Get LabTrove". University of Southampton. Archived from the original on 20 November 2010. http://web.archive.org/web/20101120230051/http://www.labtrove.org/getlabtrove.html. Retrieved 18 February 2013.
- "LabTrove - Users". University of Southampton. http://www.labtrove.org/users/. Retrieved 18 February 2013.