|Developer(s)||University of Liverpool, Edinburgh University, and Earlam Institute|
|Initial release||July 21, 2017(1.0)|
3.3 (May 22, 2018 )[±]
|Type||Laboratory informatics software|
Leaf LIMS was an open-source laboratory information management system (LIMS) "designed specifically to address synthetic biology processes."
Leaf LIMS was a collaboration of efforts from three biological research groups: GeneMill at the University of Liverpool, the EGF at the University of Edinburgh, and the Earlham Institute. It's not clear when the project was first conceived, but Leaf LIMS appears to have been a "clean slate conversion of the Odin LIMS," presumably the biomolecular structure prediction software ODIN developed by T.J. Lane et al. on GitHub. The first public open-source material for Leaf LIMS started to appear on GitHub in May 2016, and an initial 1.0 release of the software arrived in July 2017.
Sometime in 2020, the GitHub page for LeafLIMS was updated with the following: "PLEASE NOTE: Due to lack of funding Leaf LIMS is no longer being developed/updated." The last known version is v3.3.
Features of Leaf LIMS included:
- sample management and tracking
- project tracking
- inventory management
- workflow management
- group-based user permissions
- customizable alerts
- audit trail
- mobile compatibility
Docker and docker-compose were used for the easiest installation, though Leaf LIMS could also be installed (though more complicated) without Docker. The quick start section had more details.
Videos, screenshots, and other media
Entities using Leaf LIMS
- Craig, T.; Holland, R.; D'Amore, R. et al. (2017). "Leaf LIMS: A Flexible Laboratory Information Management System with a Synthetic Biology Focus". ACS Synthetic Biology. doi:10.1021/acssynbio.7b00212. PMID 28877583.
- Leaf LIMS start page (archived)
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 "LeafLIMS - Releases". LeafLIMS. GitHub, Inc. https://github.com/LeafLIMS/LeafLIMS/releases. Retrieved 06 October 2017.
- ↑ Craig, T.; Holland, R.; D'Amore, R. et al. (2017). "Leaf LIMS: A Flexible Laboratory Information Management System with a Synthetic Biology Focus". ACS Synthetic Biology. doi:10.1021/acssynbio.7b00212. PMID 28877583.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 "LeafLIMS". LeafLIMS. GitHub, Inc. Archived from the original on 23 November 2020. https://web.archive.org/web/20201123120529/https://leaflims.github.io/. Retrieved 28 December 2021.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 "Initial commit". LIMS-Backend. GitHub, Inc. 26 May 2016. https://github.com/LeafLIMS/LIMS-Backend/commit/cf71c34386ec5c38b427af0feb90a6837ea324d5. Retrieved 06 October 2017.
- ↑ "ODIN". ODIN. GitHub, Inc. Archived from the original on 11 June 2018. https://web.archive.org/web/20180611002940/https://github.com/tjlane/odin. Retrieved 28 December 2021.
- ↑ "LeafLIMS / LeafLIMS". GitHub, Inc. Archived from the original on 11 November 2020. https://web.archive.org/web/20201111130725/https://github.com/LeafLIMS/LeafLIMS. Retrieved 28 December 2021.