|Original author(s)||Michael Scholz|
|Developer(s)||Logical Objects Srl|
|Initial release||October 20, 2008(3.6)|
8.3.2 (July 30, 2019 )[±]
|Preview release||None [±]|
Content management system|
Document management system
|License(s)||GNU Lesser General Public License v2.0 (Community Edition)|
LogicalDOC is web-based open-source document management software. The software comes in several versions: a free open-source Community Edition as well as fee-based commercial Business and "Enterprise & Cloud" Editions.
LogicalDOC has its origins in another open-source project called Contineo. That project was started by Michael Scholz in 2003 as a Java project in an attempt to create an "easy-to-use and easy-to-extend document management system." Development on Contineo continued up to version 3.5, released in September 2008.. That same month the lead developers of the Contineo project announced through the investments of a business called Logical Objects, the Contineo source code would be rolled up into a renamed project "LogicalDOC," with the open-source Contineo code comprising the LogicalDOC Community Edition. The first LogicalDOC release arrived as version 3.6 on October 20, 2008.
Awards and recognition
In August 2010, LogicalDOC won the award for "best open source application" in InfoWorld's 2010 Bossie Awards.
The main features of LogicalDOC Community Edition include:
- full-text indexing
- metadata and template support
- version control
- query tools
- import from .zip
- collaboration tools
- user-based security
- task manager
- mobile support
Installation requirements for LogicalDOC Community Edition can be found here.
Videos, screenshots, and other media
- Video tutorials for LogicalDOC can be found on YouTube.
- Screenshots of LogicalDOC can be found on the LogicalDOC website.
- A demo of the Enterprise Edition of LogicalDOC is available via the LogicalDOC site. You'll have to register first, however.
- Documentation for LogicalDOC Community Edition can be found here.
Entities using LogicalDOC
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Gasparini, Alessandro (20 October 2008). "LogicalDOC - Document Management, DMS version 3.6 released". TechTarget. http://www.theserverside.com/discussions/thread.tss?thread_id=51275. Retrieved 10 January 2013.
- ↑ "Contineo - Open Source Document Management System". SourceForge. http://contineo.sourceforge.net/. Retrieved 23 January 2013.
- ↑ "Home / binaries / Contineo 3.5.0". SourceForge. http://sourceforge.net/projects/contineo/files/binaries/Contineo%203.5.0/. Retrieved 24 January 2013.
- ↑ Meschieri, Marco (10 September 2008). "project raname in LogicalDOC". SourceForge. http://sourceforge.net/projects/contineo/forums/forum/303545/topic/2228111. Retrieved 24 January 2013.
- ↑ Binstock, Andrew; Dineley, Doug; Borck, James R.; Heller, Martin; Mobley, High (25 August 2010). "Bossie Awards 2010: The best open source applications". InfoWorld. http://www.infoworld.com/d/open-source/bossie-awards-2010-the-best-open-source-applications-150¤t=8&last=1#slideshowTop. Retrieved 24 January 2013.
- ↑ "LogicalDOC - Product Features". Logical Objects Srl. http://www.logicaldoc.com/document-management-features.html. Retrieved 10 January 2013.