|Developer(s)||myExperiment development team|
|Written in||Ruby on Rails|
|Type||Workflow and process management software|
myExperiment is free web-based open-source scientific workflow management software.
myExperiment is a scientific workflow sharing project started by the universities of Southampton, Manchester, and Oxford in the UK. The project is led by David De Roure and Carole Goble. A RubyForge project was started for myExperiment on June 6, 2007, though no files have been publicly released since its creation.An online instance of the software is available as of November 2012, though it's not clear what version of it is running. According to the project page, the software can be downloaded and installed, though it's not clear where to download it or what the installation requirements are.
Features of myExperiment include:
- user management
- group management
- resource management
- workflow management
- file management
- news feed support
Installation requirements are unknown.
Videos, screenshots, and other media
- Introduction and demos video of myExperiment can be found here.
Entities using myExperiment
- De Roure, David; Goble, Carole; Stevens, Robert (May 2009). "The design and realisation of the Virtual Research Environment for social sharing of workflows". Future Generation Computer Systems 25 (5): 561–567. doi:10.1016/j.future.2008.06.010. http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0167739X08000939.
- Goble, Carole; Bhagat, Jiten; Aleksejevs, Sergejs; Cruickshank, Don; Michaelides, Danius; Newman, David; Borkum, Mark; Bechhofer, Sean; Roos, Marco; Li, Peter; De Roure, David (May 2010). "myExperiment: a repository and social network for the sharing of bioinformatics workflows". Nucleic Acids Research 38 (Supplemental 2): W677–W682. doi:10.1093/nar/gkq429. http://nar.oxfordjournals.org/content/38/suppl_2/W677.
- "FAQ - Can I download the myExperiment software?". University of Southampton. http://wiki.myexperiment.org/index.php/FAQ#Can_I_download_the_myExperiment_software.3F. Retrieved 09 November 2012.
- "RubyForge: myExperiment". RubyForge. http://rubyforge.org/projects/myexperiment. Retrieved 09 November 2012.
- "myExperiment - Home". University of Southampton. http://www.myexperiment.org/home. Retrieved 09 November 2012.
- "myExperiment Features". University of Southampton. http://wiki.myexperiment.org/index.php/Features. Retrieved 09 November 2012.