|Developer(s)||Felipe Martínez Pastor|
|Initial release||May 12, 2011(0.1)|
[ (May 12, 2011 ) ±]
|Available in||English, Spanish|
|Type||Laboratory informatics software|
|License(s)||GNU Public License v3.0|
OpenCryobank is a free web-based open-source database system specifically designed for tracking frozen sample inventory in biological laboratories.
The Open Laboratory Framework project began on SourceForge in January 2011, when developer Felipe Martínez Pastor decided to take matters into his own hands. After finding several expensive or overly-complicated options, Pastor set out to develop a "barebones" system that would handle his needs, specifically for managing samples at the small cryobank he worked at.
The last and only update to the file occurred on May 12, 2011 with the release of version 0.1. It's unclear if work will continue on the project.
Features of OpenCryobank include:
- sample management
- data import and export
- print support
- user-based security
Installation requirements for OpenCryobank (similar to a LAMP install) include:
- Apache 4.3 or higher, with PHP support
- MySQL 3.2.3 or higher
Videos, screenshots, and other media
Many screenshots of the program are included on the wiki pages.
Entities using OpenCryobank
- Pastor, Felipe Martínez (2011). "OpenCryobank: una alternativa basada en software libre para la gestión de bancos de semen y embriones". 41 Jornadas de Estudio: XIV Jornadas sobre Producción Animal : 17 y 18 de mayo de 2011, Zaragoza, Volume 2. Asociación Interprofesional para el Desarrollo Agrario. pp. 386–388. ISBN 8461500652. http://agris.fao.org/agris-search/search/display.do?f=2011/ES/ES1102.xml;ES2011000326.
OpenCryobank can be found on SourceForge. However, use caution when downloading and installing from there; the install package may contain undesirable add-on software.
- "OpenCryobank - Files". SourceForge. http://sourceforge.net/projects/opencryobank/files/. Retrieved 02 October 2012.
- "OpenCryobank". SourceForge. http://sourceforge.net/projects/opencryobank/. Retrieved 02 October 2012.
- "OpenCryobank - El autor". Pastor, Felipe Martínez. http://cryobank.wikidot.com/autor. Retrieved 02 October 2012.
- "OpenCryobank Wiki". Pastor, Felipe Martínez. http://cryobank.wikidot.com/. Retrieved 02 October 2012.
- "OpenCryobank - Instalación". Pastor, Felipe Martínez. http://cryobank.wikidot.com/installation. Retrieved 02 October 2012.