|Initial release||August 3, 2006|
[ (August 26, 2020 ) ±]
|Preview release||±](December 4, 2019 ) [|
|Written in||C, Java, Python|
Customer relationship management software|
E-mail marketing software
|License(s)||Common Public Attribution License Version|
OpenEMM is an open-source web-based e-mail marketing application, with customer relationship management (CRM), content management system (CMS), and business intelligence (BI) functionality. In addition to the free OpenEMM software, the developer, AGNITAS AG, also offers users fee-based commercial services like setup, e-mail support, hosting, and custom development.
OpenEMM was based on and inspired by AGNITAS' then commercial offering EMM. On June 8, 2006, AGNITAS AG created its OpenEE SourceForge project, feeling "the quality of [their] products was good enough to go open source with the standard version of [their] core software.". A month later the company announced its first release candidate. Its official stable release (starting with version 5.0) occurred on August 3, 2006 as a Linux distribution. A Windows-usable VMware version became available on September 20 with version 5.0.2.
Version 6.0.0 of OpenEMM was released on November 20, 2009, and a version called "OpenEMM 2011" was released in July 2011. After a nearly two-year period a new version "2013" — internally versioned as 8.10.380.hf13.0.066 — was released to the public in January 2013.
Following a significant period of public inactivity, AGNITAS posted a new roadmap for OpenEMM on April 3, 2018. The company said of the upcoming OpenEMM 2020:
The next version of OpenEMM will be a fork of the commercial software EMM, which is in further development since 2015. Right now the backend code of EMM is undergoing a major refactoring, binding many development resources. For that reason, there is no capacity left over for releases of OpenEMM, with the exception of security fixes. That means that the release planned for this year is postponed to the end of next year.
In May 2019, a beta of OpenEMM 2019 was released to the public, with a statement that once declared stable it would become available on GitHub.
A full list of features can be found on the AGNITAS website.
Hardware and software requirements are explained on here.
Videos, screenshots, and other media
An online demo of the program exists, with details found here.
Entities using OpenEMM
- "OpenEMM Changelog". AGNITAS AG. http://www.openemm.org/fileadmin/docs/CHANGELOG.txt. Retrieved 11 March 2012.
- "Final Release of OpenEMM 5.0 available". AGNITAS AG. 3 August 2006. http://www.openemm.org/news/details/period/1154383200/2678399/1/article/58/final-releas.html. Retrieved 11 March 2012.
- "OpenEMM - SourceForge.net". SourceForge.net.
- "OpenEMM Team - Who We Are". AGNITAS AG. http://www.openemm.org/team.html. Retrieved 11 March 2012.
- "Availability of Release Candidate 1". AGNITAS AG. 12 July 2006. http://www.openemm.org/news/details/period/1151704800/2678399/1/article/58/availability-2.html.
- "Erste professionelle E-Mail-Marketing-Lösung auf Open-Source-Basis mit durchschlagendem Erfolg gestartet". PresseBox. 14 July 2006. http://www.pressebox.de/pressemeldungen/agnitas-ag/boxid/68660. Retrieved 11 March 2012.
- "OpenEMM now available for Windows users". AGNITAS AG. 20 September 2006. http://www.openemm.org/news/details/period/1157061600/2591999/1/article/58/openemm-now-1.html.
- "OpenEMM läuft virtuell auch unter Windows". Computerwoche. 21 September 2006. http://www.computerwoche.de/software/software-infrastruktur/581645/index.html. Retrieved 11 March 2012.
- "Final release of OpenEMM 6.0". AGNITAS AG. 20 November 2009. http://www.openemm.org/news/details/period/1257030000/2591999/1/article/58/final-releas-2.html. Retrieved 11 March 2012.
- "Final version of OpenEMM 2011 available". AGNITAS AG. 14 July 2011. http://www.openemm.org/news/details/period/1309471200/2678399/1/article/58/final-versio.html. Retrieved 11 March 2012.
- "CHANGELOG.txt". AGNITAS AG. http://www.openemm.org/fileadmin/docs/CHANGELOG.txt. Retrieved 23 April 2013.
- "OpenEMM for e-mail and marketing automation". AGNITAS AG. Archived from the original on 04 May 2018. https://web.archive.org/web/20180504162808/https://www.agnitas.de/en/e-marketing_manager/email-marketing-software-variants/openemm/. Retrieved 04 May 2018.
- Aschoff, M. (15 May 2019). "OpenEMM 2019 Beta (executable program)". AGNITAS. https://www.agnitas.de/download/openemm-ausfuehrbares-programm/. Retrieved 30 May 2019.