|Original author(s)||Gaspar Palmer|
|Initial release||January 29, 2007(1.0)|
6.3.12 (September 15, 2022 )[±]
|Preview release||None [±]|
Content management system|
Document management system
|License(s)||GNU General Public License v2.0|
OpenKM is open-source document management software. It's available as a free open-source Community version and as fee-based commercial Professional and Cloud versions.
The OpenKM project was started by developer Gaspar Palmer in late 2006, with the goal "to make business management tools available to small and medium businesses," tools previously "only accessible to large corporations due to the high cost of acquisition and implementation." The first stable open-source release of OpenKM arrived on January 29, 2007 as version 1.0. By November 2011, it was estimated OpenKM had 2,800 active installations worldwide, 186,000 downloads, and 5,000 community members.
The main features of OpenKM Community include:
- WebDAV support
- OCR support
- preview management
- workflow management
- Jasper reports support
- webservices API
- query tools
- mobile support
- drag-and-drop interface
- extraction tools
- download restriction
- OpenOffice add-ins
- MS Word and Outlook add-ins
- Active Directory and LDAP support
Installation requirements for OpenKM include:
- Java Development Kit 1.6
For more information, consult the installation guide.
Videos, screenshots, and other media
- Videos for OpenKM can be found on YouTube.
- Screenshots of OpenKM can be found on the site.
- A demo of OpenKM is available here. Login information is at the bottom.
- Documentation for OpenKM can be found on the OpenKM site.
Entities using OpenKM
- OpenKM on Open Hub
- OpenKM on Freecode (deprecated)
OpenKM can also be found on SourceForge. However, use caution when downloading and installing from there; the install package may contain undesirable add-on software.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 "OpenKM Document Management - DMS > Files". SourceForge. http://sourceforge.net/projects/openkm/files/. Retrieved 10 January 2013.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 "Sharing & Managing Information - OpenKM" (PDF). Economía & Empresa. 23 November 2011. p. 3. http://fpmac116.usc.es/charlas/2011-11-23-cinco_dias_espana_impulsa.pdf. Retrieved 10 January 2013.
- ↑ "OpenKM - Comparison of versions". OpenKM.org. http://www.openkm.org/en/overview/comparison-of-versions.html. Retrieved 10 January 2013.