|Developer(s)||Felix Rudolphi and Lukas Gooßen|
[ (July 24, 2019 ) ±]
|Type||Laboratory informatics software|
|License(s)||Affero GNU Public License|
open enventory is a free open-source web application that acts as an electronic laboratory notebook (ELN) with literature and inventory functionality.
open enventory was originally created as part of developer Felix Rudolphi's PhD thesis Programmierung eines Elektronischen Laborjournals (ELN) und seine Anwendung bei der Entwicklung neuer decarboxylierender Kreuzkupplungsreaktionen. Development of the software began in 2006 during a time "when asynchronous communication and single-page web applications came up." Rudolphi said of its initial development that in order "[t]o deliver a user experience comparable to desktop applications, I developed a custom basis for CRUD applications where the data is loaded asynchronously through an invisible iframe."
A SourceForge project for enventory project began on July 10, 2009, though it's not clear what the first stable release of the program was and when it was released. Rudolphi completed and presented his dissertation on the software in December 2010. In March 2011, Rudolphi founded Sciformation Consulting GmbH as a means to offer an improved commercial version of open enventory called Sciformation ELN.
|2015-11-12||12 November 2015|
|2015-07-31||31 July 2015|
|2015-05-02||02 May 2015|
|2015-03-21||21 March 2015|
|2015-02-24||24 February 2015|
|2015-01-06||06 January 2015|
|2014-11-30||30 November 2014|
|2014-09-13||13 September 2014|
|2014-08-25||25 August 2014|
|2014-03-30||30 March 2014|
|2014-01-23||23 January 2014|
|2013-08-03||03 August 2013|
|2013-05-21||21 May 2013|
|2013-02-28||28 February 2013|
|2012-12-04||04 December 2012|
|2012-11-11||11 November 2012|
|2012-10-30||30 October 2012|
|2012-09-27||27 September 2012|
|2012-08-30||30 August 2012|
|2012-05-02||02 May 2012|
|2011-12-01||01 December 2011|
|2011-11-12||12 November 2011|
|src_28.09.2011||28 September 2011|
|src_25.08.2011||25 August 2011|
|src_17.06.2011||17 June 2011|
|src_26.03.2011||26 March 2011|
|src_30.08.2010||30 August 2010|
Features of open enventory include:
- inventory management
- document management
- barcode and label support
- data import
Installation requirements for open enventory include:
- Apache web server running PHP5
- a MySQL database
More information can be found in the FAQ.
Videos, screenshots, and other media
- Some screenshots of the program can be found here.
Entities using open enventory
open enventory can be found on SourceForge. However, use caution when downloading and installing from there; the install package may contain undesirable add-on software.
- "open enventory - Acknowledgements". Technische Universität Kaiserslautern. http://www.chemie.uni-kl.de/index.php?id=742. Retrieved 13 October 2012.
- Rudolphi, Felix (January 2014). "Why we chose ZK when creating Sciformation ELN" (PDF). Potix Corporation. http://www.zkoss.org/resource/file/CaseStudies/Sciformation_Case_Study.pdf. Retrieved 16 November 2015.
- "open enventory". SourceForge. http://sourceforge.net/projects/enventory/. Retrieved 13 October 2012.
- Rudolphi, Felix (17 December 2010). "Programmierung eines Elektronischen Laborjournals (ELN) und seine Anwendung bei der Entwicklung neuer decarboxylierender Kreuzkupplungsreaktionen" (PDF). Technischen Universität Kaiserslautern. http://kluedo.ub.uni-kl.de/files/2262/arbeit_draft.v.18_duplex_b.pdf. Retrieved 16 November 2015.
- "Sciformation Consulting GmbH". unternehmen24.info. Unimedia. http://www.unternehmen24.info/Firmeninformationen/DE/3600843. Retrieved 16 November 2015.
- "open enventory". Sciformation Consulting GmbH. http://sciformation.com/open_enventory.html?lang=en. Retrieved 16 November 2015.
- "open enventory - Files". SourceForge. http://sourceforge.net/projects/enventory/files/. Retrieved 13 October 2012.
- "open enventory - More screenshots and films". Technische Universität Kaiserslautern. http://www.chemie.uni-kl.de/index.php?id=804. Retrieved 13 October 2012.