|Initial release||January 16, 2006(0.1)|
[ (December 28, 2022 ) ±]
|Type||Human resource management software|
|License(s)||GNU General Public License version v2.0|
OrangeHRM is a web-based open-source human resource management (HRM) application. The software comes in a fee-based hosted package (OrangeHRM Live) and a free community edition.
OrangeHRM began as a SourceForge project on January 2, 2006, and the first public release of the open-source software arrived a few weeks later as version 0.1.. A steady stream of updates arrived in the following three years, slowly adding more modules to make it a more robust HR solution. In April 2009 the company joined forces with ROSS Canada to better provide support services to Canadians. In July 2010, a SaaS version of OrangeHRM was announced as "OrangeHRM Live."
The main features of OrangeHRM include:
- administrative module
- personal information management system
- holiday management module
- time tracking module
- employee self-service module
- recruitment and applicant tracking module
- performance tracking modules
Installations of the free open-source OrangeHRM application require:
- Apache Server 1.3 or later
- MySQL 5.0 or later
- PHP 5.2.4 or later
Refer to the installation guide for more details.
Videos, screenshots, and other media
- Screenshots of OrangeHRM can be found on Softpedia.
- Videos demoing OrangeHRM can be found on YouTube.
- A demo of of OrangeHRM can be found on the site.
Entities using OrangeHRM
- "OrangeHRM - Human Resource Management > Files > old > orangehrm-0.1". SourceForge. http://sourceforge.net/projects/orangehrm/files/old/orangehrm-0.1/. Retrieved 15 December 2012.
- "OrangeHRM - Human Resource Management". SourceForge. http://sourceforge.net/projects/orangehrm/. Retrieved 15 December 2012.
- "OrangeHRM Partner with ROSS Canada". Talent Management Tech. 24 April 2009. http://www.talentmanagementtech.com/articles/orangehrm-partner-ross-canada. Retrieved 15 December 2012.
- "OrangeHRM Announces Its Web Based HR Management System". RFP Connect. 28 July 2010. http://rfpconnect.com/news/2010/7/28/orangehrm-announces-its-web-based-hr-management-system. Retrieved 15 December 2012.
- "A Complete HRIS - OrangeHRM Product Features". OrangeHRM Inc. http://www.orangehrm.com/open-source-product-features.shtml. Retrieved 15 December 2012.