|Initial release||June 25, 2006|
[ (December 1, 2022 ) ±]
|Written in||Ruby, Ruby on Rails|
Project management software|
Bug tracking software
|License(s)||GNU General Public License v2|
Redmine is flexible web-based project management software that's based on a Ruby on Rails framework. The design of Redmine is significantly influenced by Trac, a software package with similar features.
Redmine was introduced on RubyForge with version 0.1.0 on June 25, 2006.
Main features of Redmine include:
- multiple project and subproject support
- role-based security
- bug tracking system
- Gantt charts and calendars
- project- and work-based time tracking
- custom fields and interface
- document management
- project-based wikis
- SCM integration (Subversion, CVS, Mercurial, Darcs, Bazaar, and Git)
- web feeds and e-mail support
- lightweight directory access protocol (LDAP) support
- multi-language support
Requirements for this software to run properly include:
2. an appropriate version of Ruby and Ruby on Rails (see below)
The version of Ruby and Ruby on Rails necessary for proper software function depends on which version of Redmine you wish to install. Reference Redmine's install requirements for those dependencies and other dependencies for SQL databases, etc. here.
Videos, screenshots, and other media
Click a screenshot to see a larger version. Alternatively, right-click and choose to open it in a separate tab/window.
Online video tutorials of Redmine can be found here.
An online demo of Redmine can be found on the project's demo site.
Entities using Redmine
Examples of entities that use Redmine include:
BioRails, Institute for Climate and Atmospheric Science at University of Leeds, Institut Supérieur de l'Aéronautique et de l'Espace, Laboratoire de recherche informatique LIM, Michigan State University Hydrogeology Lab, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, SRH Hochschule Heidelberg, Thiagarajar College of Engineering, Wellcome Trust Sanger Institute Genome Campus
A full directory of Redmine users can be found at the Redmine website.
- "Redmine user and developer guides". Jean-Philippe Lang. http://www.redmine.org/projects/redmine/wiki/Guide.
- "Redmine integration with Subversion and other SCM tools". Jean-Philippe Lang. http://www.redmine.org/projects/redmine/wiki/RedmineRepositories.
- "RubyForge: Redmine: Project Filelist". RubyForge.org. http://rubyforge.org/frs/?group_id=1850. Retrieved 14 March 2012.
- "Features - Redmine". Jean-Philippe Lang. http://www.redmine.org/projects/redmine/wiki/Features. Retrieved 9 March 2012.
- "Installing Redmine". Jean-Philippe Lang. http://www.redmine.org/projects/redmine/wiki/RedmineInstall. Retrieved 14 March 2012.