|Initial release||January 3, 2018|
[ (March 30, 2019 ) ±]
|Written in||Python, Plone, Zope|
|Type||Laboratory informatics software|
|License(s)||GNU General Public License v2.0|
In October 2017, companies Riding Bytes and Naralabs began collaborating on an open-source derivative of Bika LIMS, citing how the application had grown "monolithic" in nature, "which hinders maintenance tasks and makes it harder for newcomers to contribute to the project." The envisioned an open-source LIMS that was more modular and developed under a specific set of coding standard, making it easier to maintain and contribute to. An initial 1.0 "evolution" beta release arrived in October 2017 on GitHub, followed by several more iterations before its first stable core release of 1.2.0 in January 2018. The organizing SENAITE Foundation stated they had plans for further add-ons, including a synchronization tool, quality control rules, and ASTM communication protocol support.
The features of SENAITE are not clear, though presumably they are similar to Bika LIMS.
As of April 2018[update], no public documentation exists for the software, though the installation requirements are presumably similar to Bika LIMS.
Videos, screenshots, and other media
A few screenshots can be seen on the main website.
Entities using SENAITE
- "SENAITE.CORE v1.2.0". GitHub, Inc. 03 January 2018. https://github.com/senaite/senaite.core/releases/tag/v1.2.0. Retrieved 20 April 2018.
- "SENAITE, Professional Open Source LIMS. The evolution of Bika LIMS". Naralabs. 04 January 2018. https://naralabs.com/en/blog/senaite-professional-open-source-lims-the-evolution-of-bika-lims. Retrieved 20 April 2018.
- "SENAITE, Professional Open Source LIMS". Riding Bytes. 06 January 2018. http://www.ridingbytes.com/2018/01/06/senaite-professional-open-source-lims/. Retrieved 20 April 2018.
- "sanaite.core / LICENSE". GitHub, Inc. https://github.com/senaite/senaite.core/blob/master/LICENSE. Retrieved 20 April 2018.
- "Senaite". mindat.org. Hudson Institute of Mineralogy. https://www.mindat.org/min-3617.html. Retrieved 20 April 2018.
- "SENAITE.CORE v1.0.0". GitHub, Inc. 13 October 2017. https://github.com/senaite/senaite.core/releases/tag/v1.0.0. Retrieved 20 April 2018.