Secureworks Managed Security Services
|Founder(s)||Michael Pearson and Joan Wilbanks|
|Headquarters||1 Concourse Pkwy NE, #500, Atlanta, Georgia, United States|
|Number of locations||10|
|Key people||Wendy K. Thomas (CEO)|
|Services||Security management, advanced threat services, security monitoring, vulnerability management|
|Revenue||$94.4M (2024, Q1)|
Secureworks Managed Security Services is a suite of managed security services (MSS) offered by SecureWorks, Inc., a multinational cybersecurity and managed security services provider (MSSP). Secureworks describes its MSS as being able to "extend your security operations to bridge people, processes, and technology for 24x7 support." As a whole, Secureworks has undergone a variety of changes, from an acquisition by Dell in 2011 to rumors of Dell looking to sell from 2019 onward, as well as a noticeable shift from cybersecurity services to cybersecurity software. As of August 2023, Secureworks is listed among the top 15 MSSPs around the world by multiple entities.
Managed security services
Secureworks divides its MSS into four categories:
- Security management: Provides managed firewall services; monitoring, maintenance, and administration of IDS/IPS technology; and intrusion prevention.
- Advanced threat services: Provides advanced endpoint threat detection, prevention, and remediation.
- Security monitoring: Provides security event monitoring, as well as log management and compliance reporting.
- Vulnerability management: Provides vulnerability program management, vulnerability scanning, PCI scanning, web application scanning, and assistance with IT security policy compliance.
Documentation and other media
- "SecureWorks Announces First Quarter Fiscal 2024 Results". Secureworks, Inc. 8 June 2023. https://investors.secureworks.com/news/news-details/2023/Secureworks-Announces-First-Quarter-Fiscal-2024-Results/default.aspx. Retrieved 11 August 2023.
- "Managed Security Services". Secureworks, Inc. https://www.secureworks.com/services/managed-security. Retrieved 11 August 2023.
- Dizzy, S. (5 April 2011). "Dell Paid $612 Million for SecureWorks Cloud Acquisition". ChannelFutures. https://www.channelfutures.com/cloud-2/dell-paid-612-million-for-secureworks-cloud-acquisition. Retrieved 11 August 2023.
- Baker, L.B.; Barbaglia, P. (7 February 2019). "Exclusive: Dell explores sale of cybersecurity company SecureWorks - sources". Reuters. https://www.reuters.com/article/us-secureworks-m-a-exclusive/exclusive-dell-explores-sale-of-cybersecurity-company-secureworks-sources-idUSKCN1PW22J. Retrieved 11 August 2023.
- Panettieri, J. (2 February 2021). "Atos Abandons DXC Technology Acquisition Plan, Buyout Negotiations End". Channel e2e. https://www.channele2e.com/investors/mergers-acquisitions/atos-buying-dxc-technology-secureworks/. Retrieved 11 August 2023.
- Panettieri, J. (5 December 2020). "Secureworks CEO, CFO: Managed Security Channel Partner Program Buildout Continues". MSSP Alert. https://www.msspalert.com/cybersecurity-companies/partner-programs/secureworks-ceo-cfo-channel-partner-program-buildout/. Retrieved 11 August 2023.
- Felicia (27 December 2020). "SecureWorks: A Promising But Challenging Software Transition". Seeking Alpha. https://seekingalpha.com/article/4396324-secureworks-promising-challenging-software-transition. Retrieved 11 August 2023.
- "Top 250 MSSPs for 2022: Companies 20 to 11". Top 250 MSSPs: Cybersecurity Company List and Research for 2022. MSSP Alert. September 2022. https://www.msspalert.com/top250/list-2022/24/. Retrieved 11 August 2023.
- "Top 100 Managed Security Service Providers (MSSPs)". Cyber Defense Magazine. Cyber Defense Media Group. 18 February 2021. https://www.cyberdefensemagazine.com/top-100-managed-security-service-providers-mssps/. Retrieved 29 May 2021.
- "Top 15 Best Managed Security Service Providers (MSSPs) In 2023". Software Testing Help. 1 August 2023. https://www.softwaretestinghelp.com/managed-security-service-providers/. Retrieved 11 August 2023.