|Original author(s)||Ivan Lucas|
|Developer(s)||SiT! development team|
|Initial release||March 7, 2006(3.21)|
|Discontinued||±](March 3, 2013 ) [|
|Type||Ticket tracking software|
|License(s)||GNU General Public License v2.0|
SiT! (Support Incident Tracker) was free open-source ticket and e-mail tracking software.
On September 1, 2001, a beta of SiT! v3.0 was released internally at Salford Software to handle their incident tracking. SiT! was later released as free open-source software in 2005. A SourceForge project was eventually started for SiT! on February 20, 2006, with the first public SourceForge release coming in March of the same year. Slow but steady development has continued on the software since.
While the website is still active as of May 2021, no updates have occurred there since 2013, and no new releases have been made since. The project is presumably abandoned at this point.
Features of SiT! included:
- user-separated incident queues
- incident sharing an pushing to engineers
- priority assignment
- e-mail support and integration
- knowledge base
- holiday/vacation management
- customizable themes
- multi-language support
Installation requirements for SiT! include:
- PHP 5.1 or greater
- MySQL 4.1 or greater
- a web server
Numerous PHP extensions are also required. Please consult the documentation for more info.
Videos, screenshots, and other media
- Screenshots of SiT! can be found on the site.
Entities using SiT!
- "Support Incident Tracker > Files > Stable". SourceForge. http://sourceforge.net/projects/sitracker/files/stable/. Retrieved 10 November 2012.
- "SiT! Turns 10 Years". Ivan Lucas. 1 September 2011. http://sitracker.wordpress.com/2011/09/01/sit-turns-10-years/. Retrieved 10 November 2012.
- "Support Incident Tracker". SourceForge. http://sourceforge.net/projects/sitracker/. Retrieved 10 November 2012.
- "SiT! - Features". Ivan Lucas. http://sitracker.org/wiki/Features. Retrieved 10 November 2012.