|Developer(s)||Ascensio System SIA|
|Discontinued||7.5.1 / July 4, 2014|
Customer relationship management software|
Project management software
|License(s)||GNU General Public License v3.0|
TeamLab was open-source project, document, and customer relationship management software. The software was mostly commercial fee-based, available in a SaaS or server-based format. However, a free server-based version of TeamLab existed, which had the features of the "Basic" SaaS version. A free version of the "Basic" SaaS plan also existed, though without support and with only 1GB of data storage. Neither of the free versions featured access to the Online Office Apps online editing tools.
The TeamLab project was started in 2009 by Latvian business software developer Ascensio System SIA. It's not clear when the first stable release of TeamLab was made, though it's assumed to have occurred in early- to mid-2010. A SourceForge project for the software was created on May 26, 2010.
In March 2012, Ascensio announced the beta addition of an HTML5-based online document editor. That editor went on to become an offering available to commercial SaaS users as "TeamLab Office Edition" in late November.
On July 4, 2014, Ascensio announced it would rebrand its product to ONLYOFFICE, stating "[s]mall baby Teamlab has grown into a toddler that can do much more things and boast his “only-ness” in a number of technology and human factors." The last version of the free open-source TeamLab software was version 7.5.1, released on February 5, 2014.
The features of the free open-source edition of TeamLab included:
- document management
- co-editing and version control
- project management
- automated notifications and reports
- customer relationship management
- blogs, forums, polls and built-in chat
- SSL encryption
- user-based permissions
- data backups
Server-side requirements for installing TeamLab included:
- .Net Framework 3.5 SP1
- Microsoft IIS 5.1 or later
- MySQL Server 5.1 or later
Consult the documentation (PDF) for more information.
Videos, screenshots, and other media
- Videos for TeamLab can be found on YouTube.
- Screenshots of TeamLab can be found on the site. Select the "Take a Screentour" image to view them.
- A demo of TeamLab can be found here, though you'll have to register to use it.
Entities using TeamLab
- Galych, Alex (4 July 2014). "Entering a new stage under a new brand: Teamlab Has Grown into ONLYOFFICE". Ascensio System SIA. http://www.onlyoffice.com/blog/2014/07/new-brand/. Retrieved 12 September 2014.
- "About TeamLab". Ascensio System SIA. http://www.teamlab.com/teamlab.aspx. Retrieved 27 December 2012.
- Nadin (20 July 2010). "TeamLab is out into the world!". Ascensio System SIA. http://www.teamlab.com/blog/2010/07/teamlab-is-out-into-the-world/#more-21. Retrieved 27 December 2012.
- "TeamLab". SourceForge. http://sourceforge.net/projects/. Retrieved 27 December 2012.
- "TeamLab Announces the First Online HTML5-based Word Processor". PRWeb; Times Union. 8 March 2012. http://www.timesunion.com/business/press-releases/article/TeamLab-Announces-the-First-Online-HTML5-based-3390923.php. Retrieved 27 December 2012.
- "TeamLab Office Edition Set to Surpass Microsoft Office 365". PRWeb; Yahoo! News. 23 November 2012. http://news.yahoo.com/teamlab-office-edition-set-surpass-microsoft-office-365-140032476.html. Retrieved 27 December 2012.
- "TeamLab > Files > TeamLab v7.5". SourceForge. http://sourceforge.net/projects/teamlab/files/TeamLab%20v7.5/. Retrieved 28 April 2014.
- "TeamLab Highlights". Ascensio System SIA. http://www.teamlab.com/highlights.aspx. Retrieved 27 December 2012.