|Developer(s)||snowflake productions GmbH|
|Initial release||May 10, 2010(2.0)|
[ (December 31, 2013 ) ±]
Project management software|
Time tracking software
todoyu was free open-source web-based project and time management software. Along with the free version of the software, a fee-based SaaS version existed.
todoyu technically originated as a proprietary software idea of Swiss TYPO3 developer and consultancy "snowflake production GmbH." Though the exact timeline of events isn't clear, snowflake had been working on todoyu within the business around 2007 or 2008 (as todoyu 1.0), but the company decided to change course and spend one to two years updating the software and releasing it under a free license. An open-source SourceForge project was started for the software on July 24, 2008, though little work was initially done on the project site. Later that year snowflake submitted an application for the third annual Open Source Business Award — awarded by the Open Source Business Foundation — going on to win a third place award of 10,000 euros. The award money was applied primarily towards developer salaries for redesigning the architecture, fixing bugs, and adjusting APIs.
By July 2009 the first alpha of version 2.0 was put released on SourceForge, followed by numerous alpha, beta, and release candidate versions. On May 10, 2010, the first stable open-source release of todoyu arrived on SourceForge as version 2.0.
On December 31, 2016, snowflake productions shut down the todoyu websites, stating "[w]e are no longer maintaining todoyu."
The features of todoyu included:
- web-based portal
- project management
- task management
- file sharing
- time tracking
- work journals
- individual and group calendars
- contact management
- custom search filters
- user rights management
Installation requirements for todoyu included:
- Apache, ngnix, or IIS server software with mod_rewrite
- PHP 5.2.5 or 5.3.0 with mbstring()
- MySQL 5.0
Consult the documentation for more information.
Videos, screenshots, and other media
Entities using todoyu
- "todoyu > Files > todoyu 2.0". SourceForge. http://sourceforge.net/projects/todoyu/files/todoyu%202.0/. Retrieved 27 December 2012.
- "todoyu - Changelog". snowflake productions GmbH. http://www.todoyu.com/changelog/. Retrieved 27 December 2012.
- Kehrer, Anika (31 July 2009). "Award-Gewinner Teil I: Startsprung". Linux Magazin. http://www.linux-magazin.de/Online-Artikel/Award-Gewinner-Teil-I-Startsprung-mit-Todoyu. Retrieved 27 December 2012.
- "todoyu". SourceForge. http://sourceforge.net/projects/todoyu/. Retrieved 27 December 2012.
- "75.000 Euro für Open Source". heise online. 29 January 2009. http://www.heise.de/open/artikel/75-000-Euro-fuer-Open-Source-221687.html. Retrieved 27 December 2012.
- "todoyu > Files > todoyu 2.0 > old releases > alpha". SourceForge. http://sourceforge.net/projects/todoyu/files/todoyu%202.0/old%20releases/alpha/. Retrieved 27 December 2012.
- "Goodbye. todoyu.". snowflake productions GmbH. 31 December 2016. Archived from the original on 08 May 2017. https://web.archive.org/web/20170508224245/https://www.snowflake.ch/todoyu/. Retrieved 08 May 2017.
- "todoyu - Take a Quick Tour". snowflake productions GmbH. Archived from the original on 07 October 2016. https://web.archive.org/web/20161007181230/http://www.todoyu.com:80/tour/start/. Retrieved 08 May 2017.