|Initial release||August 27, 2008(0.1.0)|
0.4.2 (April 4, 2015 )[±]
|Preview release||none [±]|
|Type||Inventory management software|
|License(s)||GNU Public License v2.0|
Tracmor was open-source web-based inventory and asset management software. Tracmor started as an open-source project on Google, and it's source code was able to be downloaded from GitHub and installed, though it's wasn't clear what version, if any, was the current stable open-source release. Tracmor, LLC also offered (and continues to offer, as of May 2019) commercial versions of the software.
On May 07, 2008, Tracmor, LLC's CEO Hamish Dunn announced the opening of the company's website as "the result of a 36 month gestation." The first public open-source release of Tracmor arrived in late August as version 0.1.0 on the Google project page. Versions 0.2 and 0.3 were released the summer of 2009 and 2010 respectively. On October 1, 2010, a GitHub project was started for the software, and downloads were no longer released on the Google project page. Some confusion arose from this change later in 2012 as no official versioned release had been made since 0.3.0. Justin Sinclair of Tracmor has stated the "Master" branch on GitHub is an unstable development branch, and more work had to be done to upgrade the code to be usable with Qcode 0.4.2.
GitHub updates in April 2015 hinted at a potential 0.4.2 update. However, in August 2015, Tracmor, LLC updated their website, getting rid of any mention of their open-source community software. The GitHub page, providing access to the open-source community version and source code, was removed from GitHub sometime in March 2019, though Google Code-based source code through 0.3.0 is still live. (See external links below.) The open-source Tracmor project appears discontinued in full.
|0.4.2||04 April 2015|
|0.4.1||08 November 2012|
|0.3.0||16 July 2010|
|0.2.0||15 June 2009|
|0.1.0||27 August 2008|
It wasn't clear if the features listed on the commercial site represented the capabilities of the open-source version.
Features of the commercial version of Tracmor (circa 2014) included:
- asset tracking
- inventory management
- contact management
- shipping and receiving support
- barcode support
- customizable interface
- role-based security
Installation requirements are unknown.
Videos, screenshots, and other media
Entities using Tracmor
- Tracmor commercial site
- Tracmor forums (Archived)
- Tracmor on Google Code
- Tracmor downloads from Google Code (Archived)
- Archive of the Tracmor source code from Google Code, circa late 2011 (.zip, 305.12MB)
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 "Downloads - Tracmor". Google Project Hosting. http://code.google.com/p/tracmor/downloads/list. Retrieved 02 November 2012.
- ↑ Kondor, Kal (2 March 2012). "How to install Tracmor from github source". Tracmor, LLC. Archived from the original on 28 February 2014. https://web.archive.org/web/20140228092313/http://www.tracmor.com/forum/topic/632/how-to-install-tracmor-from-github-source/. Retrieved 31 May 2019.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Martin, M. (20 February 2012). "SVN vs Git". Tracmor, LLC. Archived from the original on 24 January 2014. https://web.archive.org/web/20140124035114/http://www.tracmor.com/forum/topic/619/svn-vs-git/. Retrieved 31 May 2019.
- ↑ Dunn, Hamish (7 May 2008). "www.TracMor.com launches!". Tracmor, LLC. http://www.tracmor.com/forum/topic/2/wwwtracmorcom-launches/. Retrieved 02 November 2012.
- ↑ "Tracmor". GitHub. https://github.com/tracmor. Retrieved 02 November 2012.
- ↑ Meier, Stephen (12 June 2012). "Git Install from Master". Tracmor, LLC. http://www.tracmor.com/forum/topic/663/git-install-from-master/. Retrieved 02 November 2012.
- ↑ "Tracmor - Powerful Web-Based Asset Tracking Software". Tracmor, LLC. Archived from the original on 10 August 2015. https://web.archive.org/web/20150810055215/http://tracmor.com/. Retrieved 31 May 2019.
- ↑ "Tracmor - Asset and Inventory Tracking". Tracmor, LLC. Archived from the original on 29 August 2015. https://web.archive.org/web/20150829034311/http://tracmor.com/. Retrieved 31 May 2019.
- ↑ "tracmor/tracmor". Google Cache. GitHub, Inc. Archived from the original on 07 March 2019. https://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:fmyPHWt0eSkJ:https://github.com/tracmor/tracmor. Retrieved 31 May 2019.
- ↑ "Tracmor - Feature List". Tracmor, LLC. Archived from the original on 20 February 2014. https://web.archive.org/web/20140208024650/http://www.tracmor.com/features.html. Retrieved 31 May 2019.