|Developer(s)||web2Project development team|
|Initial release||June 8, 2009(1.0)|
[ (January 1, 2019 ) ±]
|Type||Project management software|
web2Project is free open-source web-based project management software.
web2Project started as a fork of open-source project management software dotProject in 2007. The software was forked due to concerns about reworking the dotProject code in its entirety, potentially leaving behind numerous users in the process. An open-source SourceForge project was started for web2Project on October 26, 2007, though work was slow initially. Finally on June 8, 2009, a stable version 1.0 release of the software arrived on SourceForge. The project continued in force to 2011, though the number of releases stalled after version 2.4 was released on August 17. A rough estimate of November 2012 was made for a version 3.0 release, though it's not clear if work is continuing towards that goal. On September 9, 2013, version 3.0 was officially released.
The features of web2Project include:
- unlimited project, companies, departments, and users
- central information portal
- user-based and role-based permissions
- calendar and iCalendar support
- modular architecture
Installation requirements for web2Project include:
- Apache 2.0 or greater; IIS 7 server software or greater
- PHP 5.3.x or greater
- MySQL 5.0 or greater
Consult the documentation for more information.
Videos, screenshots, and other media
- Installation videos of web2Project can be found on the wiki.
- A demo of web2Project can be found here.
Entities using web2Project
- "web2Project > Files > web2Project > v1.0 Release". SourceForge. http://sourceforge.net/projects/web2project/files/web2Project/v1.0%20Release/. Retrieved 28 December 2012.
- Bram, Thursday (5 August 2010). "Open Source Project Management with web2Project". Gigaom. http://gigaom.com/2010/08/05/open-source-project-management-with-web2project/. Retrieved 28 December 2012.
- "web2Project - About the Project". web2Project.net. http://web2project.net/about-us/. Retrieved 28 December 2012.
- "web2Project". SourceForge. http://sourceforge.net/projects/web2project/. Retrieved 28 December 2012.
- "web2Project > Files > web2Project > v2.4 Release". SourceForge. http://sourceforge.net/projects/web2project/files/web2Project/v2.4%20Release/. Retrieved 28 December 2012.
- Casey, Keith (18 July 2010). "Isn’t web2project just dotProject with a new theme?". web2Project.net. http://web2project.net/2010/07/isnt-web2project-just-dotproject-with-a-new-theme/. Retrieved 28 December 2012.
- "web2Project". web2project.net. http://web2project.net/. Retrieved 27 December 2012.