|Initial release||September 6, 2007(2.2.0)|
[ (July 24, 2020 ) ±]
|Preview release||±](January 31, 2020 ) [|
Customer relationship management software|
Enterprise resource planning software
|License(s)||Common Public Attribution License v1.0|
xTuple ERP is open-source enterprise resource planning and customer relationship management software. It comes in a free "PostBooks" version, as well as three commercial fee-based versions: Standard, Manufacturing, and Enterprise.
The free xTuple ERP product "PostBooks" is based on OpenMFG, both a software and company name from the early 2000's. In late July 2007, OpenMFG decided to open-source its OpenMFG ERP application, rebranding the company as xTuple and making the new open-source version of OpenMFG become PostBooks, though not without controversy about the true open-source nature of its license. A few days later xTuple backpedaled and assigned PostBooks to a CPA license and became the second company to adopt such a license, which is currently the license in use today. The first stable version of PostBooks arrived on September 6, 2007 as version 2.2.0.
In 2009 xTuple CEO Ned Lilly stated the launch of the new PostBooks was largely responsible for 250 percent revenue growth year-on-year in 2008.
The main features of xTuple ERP PostBooks (free edition) include:
- database reporting
- incident tracking
- task lists
- sales orders
- accounts receivable
- purchase orders
- general ledger
- shipping and receiving
- inventory management
- bill of materials
- project management
- financial reporting
- time and expense tracking
Installation requirements for xTuple ERP PostBooks (free edition) include:
- PostgreSQL 8.1.x or later
Consult the installation page for more info.
Videos, screenshots, and other media
- Videos of xTuple ERP are located on the site.
- Screenshots of xTuple ERP can be found on Softpedia.
- To demo xTuple ERP, you essentially sign up for an account on the main site.
- Documentation for xTuple ERP can be found here.
Entities using xTuple ERP
- xTuple ERP commercial site
- xTuple ERP on GitHub
- xTuple ERP on Open Hub
- xTuple ERP on Freecode (deprecated)
- xTuple ERP on BitNami
- "xTuple releases version 2.2 of OpenMFG and PostBooks". OpenMFG, LLC. 06 September 2007. http://www.xtuple.com/about/press/xTuple-ERP-2.2-Launches. Retrieved 13 January 2013.
- Asay, Matt (25 July 2007). "OpenMFG transforms into xTuple, but misses the open-source train". CNET. http://news.cnet.com/8301-13505_3-9749950-16.html?tag=more. Retrieved 29 January 2013.
- Michael Kerner, Sean (27 July 2007). "OpenMFG Takes on QuickBooks With PostBooks". InternetNews.com. http://www.internetnews.com/dev-news/article.php/3691106. Retrieved 29 January 2013.
- Aslett, Matthew (03 August 2007). "Open source ERP firm second CPAL licensee". cbronline.com. Archived from the original on 03 August 2007. http://web.archive.org/web/20070803210421/http://cbronline.com/article_news.asp?guid=12D6E543-2589-4C65-A9C7-8573ED9E1CBD. Retrieved 29 January 2013.
- McLaughlin, Kevin (19 May 2009). "xTuple Open-Source Community Provides An Edge In ERP". CRN. http://www.crn.com/blogs-op-ed/applications-os/217600003/xtuple-open-source-community-provides-an-edge-in-erp.htm. Retrieved 29 January 2013.
- "xTuple ERP Editions Comparison". OpenMFG, LLC. http://www.xtuple.com/comparison. Retrieved 13 January 2013.