|Developer(s)||NHN Search Solutions|
|Initial release||November 20, 2008(8.1.1)|
[ (July 31, 2022 ) ±]
|Written in||C, C++|
|Platform||Linux and Windows|
|Type||Relational database management system|
|License(s)||GNU General Public License v2.0|
CUBRID is free open-source relational database management system (RDBMS) optimized for web applications.
In 2006, the CUBRID project was born in South Korea, with the country's top portal and search engine NHN Search Solutions joining in as a co-developer. On November 18, 2008, after two years of development, the project was made open-source on NAVER Corporation's (parent of NHN) developer site. Two days later, the first stable release of the software was made as version 1.1 (CUBRID 2008 R1.1, later redubbed 8.1.1). On September 29, 2009, a SourceForge project page was set up, likely to better realize a more global reach for the project. Development has been steady since.
A significant upgrade of CUBRID occurred in December 2019 with the update to version 10.2, which included: more reliable, faster and scalable service, with online parallel data loading, which optimizes auto-commit workloads; a large number of critical bug fixes; added support for JSON data type and CTE extensions; many enhancements to index management; and huge scale of code refactoring and modernization.
Versions of CUBRID were originally released as "CUBRID 2008 RX.X", where "X.X" were the incremented versions. It appears sometime around the October 12, 2012 release, the "CUBRID 2008 R" was dropped and increments began at 9.0.0, with previous versions being referenced as 8.X.X. (CUBRID 2008 R1.1 became 8.1.1, for example.)
Features of CUBRID include:
- high availability
- database sharding
- high-performance optimized for web services
- scalability and large data optimization
- ease of development
For more about the software's features, see the feature page.
Installation will vary depending on the operating system you choose to use. Consult the documentation for more information.
Videos, screenshots, and other media
Entities using CUBRID
- Sharma, Alolita (21 June 2010). "Meet CUBRID: One of Korea’s Top Open Source Projects". Open Source Buzz. http://opensourcebuzz.technetra.com/2010/06/21/meet-cubrid-one-of-koreas-top-open-source-projects/.
- "CUBRID: Release New File Version". NAVER Corporation. http://dev.naver.com/projects/cubrid/download?start=225&group_id=15&. Retrieved 30 May 2014.
- "CUBRID". SourceForge. http://sourceforge.net/projects/cubrid/. Retrieved 30 May 2014.
- "CUBRID/cubrid/releases: CUBRID 10.2". GitHub. 12 December 2019. https://github.com/CUBRID/cubrid/releases. Retrieved 04 February 2020.
- "DB-Engines Ranking of Relational DBMS". solid IT. https://db-engines.com/en/ranking/relational+dbms. Retrieved 04 February 2020.