|Former type||Société Anonyme|
|Defunct||01 May 2020|
|Headquarters||EPFL Innovation Park, Building C, Lausanne, Switzerland|
|Number of locations||3|
|Key people||Frederik Decouttere, CEO|
|Parent||Agilent Technologies, Inc.|
Genohm SA developed and distributed laboratory information management system (LIMS) software, particularly marketed towards next generation sequencing (NGS), diagnostic, and research and development laboratories as well as biobanks.
Genohm was founded in 2002 and released its SLims LIMS in 2010. Genohm opened its new headquarters in Lausanne, Switzerland and a U.S. branch office (Genohm, Inc.) in Delaware in 2011.
On October 29, 2015, Genohm announced that version 5.0 of its SLims software was being released, offering a redesigned interface, new study management tools, and an improved ELN module.
In early May 2018, Agilent Technologies, Inc. announced that it had come to an agreement to acquire Genohm and its NGS, cloud-based LIMS. The sale was finalized on May 14, though financial terms were not disclosed. As of May 2018[update], it's not clear if Genohm will operate independently as a subsidiary of Agilent or be absorbed into Agilent, though the company declared its "intention to maintain or even expand the Lausanne-based workforce."
On May 1, 2020, Genohm officially became Agilent Technologies. Existing contracts with Genohm would still be valid, getting migrated to Agilent as a vendor of SLIMS.
Technology and products
SLIMS was a modular, browser-based laboratory information management system (LIMS) plus electronic laboratory notebook (ELN) "with comprehensive workflow management capabilities." The software was originally marketed towards next generation sequencing (NGS), diagnostic, and research and development laboratories, as well as biobanks. With its acquisition by Agilent, its use cases may have expanded into additional analytical fields. The key components of the LIMS included sample management for managing the logistics of experiments, a configurable electronic laboratory notebook (ELN) for recording experiment data, workflow management for labs, and order entry tools for internal and external management of customers and quality control.
As of October 2020, the software is still developed and offered by Agilent Technologies, Inc.; see their page for more.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 "Genohm is Now Agilent". Agilent Technologies, Inc. 1 May 2020. https://www.agilent.com/en/products/acquisition/genohm-is-now-agilent-faq. Retrieved 25 October 2020.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 "The Company". Genohm SA. https://www.genohm.com/company/. Retrieved 04 October 2019.
- ↑ "SLims version 5.0 is here". Genohm SA. 29 October 2015. https://www.genohm.com/2015/10/29/slims-version-5-0-is-here/. Retrieved 04 October 2019.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Barraud, E. (2 May 2018). "US group Agilent enters EPFL Innovation Park by acquiring Genohm". EPFL News. École polytechnique fédérale de Lausanne. https://actu.epfl.ch/news/us-group-agilent-enters-epfl-innovation-park-by-ac/. Retrieved 15 May 2018.
- ↑ "Genohm SA closes its sale to Agilent Technologies Ltd". Kellerhals Carrard. 14 May 2018. https://www.kellerhals-carrard.ch/fr/genohm-sa-closes-its-sale-to-agilent-technologies-ltd-_content---1--8--460.html. Retrieved 15 May 2018.
- ↑ "Agilent Completes Acquisition of Genohm". StockWatch. Canjex Publishing Ltd. 14 May 2018. https://www.stockwatch.com/News/Item.aspx?bid=U-b005668-U:A-20180514&symbol=A®ion=U. Retrieved 15 May 2018.
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 "SLIMS by Genohm". Genohm SA. Archived from the original on 19 October 2019. https://web.archive.org/web/20190513080727/https://www.genohm.com/. Retrieved 25 October 2020.
- ↑ "SLims". Genohm SA. Archived from the original on 09 October 2018. https://web.archive.org/web/20181009223744/http://www.genohm.com/slims/. Retrieved 04 October 2019.