|Developer(s)||Dicoogle development team|
|Initial release||October 14, 2011(0.4)|
[ (November 23, 2022 ) ±]
|Preview release||±](August 3, 2020 ) [|
|Type||Laboratory informatics software|
|License(s)||GNU General Public License v3.0|
Dicoogle is a free open-source medical imaging (DICOM images) repository system based on indexing and peer-to-peer (P2P) mechanisms rather than a traditional PACS (picture archiving and communication system).
The Dicoogle project was started in roughly 2007, in collaboration with the bioinformatics department and the Instituto de Engenharia Electrónica e Telemática de Aveiro (IEETA) of the University of Aveiro in Portugal. Several v0.2 and 0.4 alpha and beta releases were worked on until a stable release finally occurred in the form of version 0.4 on October 14, 2011. The latest stable release is 3.0.0, released on January 3, 2021.
Features of Dicoogle include:
- Search in local index
- Search using a P2P Environment
- DICOM Storage SCP
- DICOM Storage SCU
- DICOM Query Retrieve SCP
- Dicoogle Web front-end
- Dicoogle Web Services API
- P2P distributed repositories (LAN version)
Specific installation requirements are unknown. Developer offers platform independent binaries, a Windows installer, a MacOSX bundle, as well as the source code.
Videos, screenshots, and other media
- Dicoogle - Open Source PACS
- Dicoogle - Indexing DICOM repositories
- Dicoogle - How to search over DICOM repositories?
Screenshots can be found here.
Entities using Dicoogle
- Costa, Carlos; Ferreira, Carlos; Bastião, Luís; Ribeiro, Luís; Silva, Augusto; Oliveira, José Luís (2011). "Dicoogle - an open source peer-to-peer PACS". Journal of Digital Imaging 24 (5): 848–856. PMID 20981467. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20981467.
- Costa, Carlos; Bastião, Luís; Ferreira, Carlos; Campos, Samuel; Silva, Augusto; Oliveira, José Luís (November 2011). "Dicoogle – a paradigm change in medical imaging networks". DI Europe. pp. 22–23. http://digital.studio-web.be/digitalMagazine?issue_id=76&jump=22.
- "Dicoogle - Downloads". Instituto de Engenharia Electrónica e Telemática de Aveiro - Universidade Aveiro. http://www.dicoogle.com/?page_id=67. Retrieved 06 October 2012.
- Bastião, Luís (7 November 2010). "Dicoogle PACS: A distributed medical image system (Open source solution)". Luís Bastião. http://luisbastiao.wordpress.com/2010/11/07/dicoogle-pacs-a-distributed-medical-image-system-open-source-solution/. Retrieved 06 October 2012.
- "Dicoogle - Members". Instituto de Engenharia Electrónica e Telemática de Aveiro - Universidade Aveiro. http://www.dicoogle.com/?page_id=10. Retrieved 06 October 2012.
- "Dicoogle - Quick Guide" (PDF). Instituto de Engenharia Electrónica e Telemática de Aveiro - Universidade Aveiro. 14 October 2011. http://www.dicoogle.com/downloads/Dicoogle_QuickGuide_v0.4_2011_10_14.pdf. Retrieved 06 October 2012.