From LIMSWikiJump to navigationJump to search
Engineering informatics is an engineering discipline combining information technology (IT) – or informatics – with engineering concepts; It is an interdisciplinary scientific area focusing on the application of advanced computing, information, and communication technologies to engineering.
Engineering technology areas
It encompasses engineering technology areas in:
- Distributed Engineering and Business Services
- Sensing, Monitoring, Control and Structural Dynamics
- Human and Social Modelling for Design Simulations
- Computational Engineering
- Networking computing for Engineering
- IT Applications in Engineering
- Systems and Network Technologies
- Interactive Media and Internet Development
- Logistics Management
Universities and institutions offering Engineering Informatics
Engineering Informatics is a field of undergraduate study in some universities and polytechnics:
- Budapest University of Technology and Economics
- Nanyang Polytechnic of Singapore (Engineering Informatics Programme)
- Advanced Engineering Informatics is a journal publication in the field of engineering informatics.
- The Need for a Science of Engineering Informatics. Artificial Intelligence for Engineering Design, Analysis and Manufacturing (AI-EDAM), 2007, 21:1(23–26).
- JCISE Special Issue, March 2008 This special issue has a guest editorial and a few research papers in the Engineering Informatics domain.
- Engineering Informatics Group, a research group at Stanford University, USA
This article heavily reuses content from the Wikipedia article.