From LIMSWikiJump to navigationJump to search
|President||Morton O. Schapiro|
|Provost||Daniel I. Linzer|
|Location||Evanston, Illinois, United States|
Northwestern University (NU) is a private non-profit research university based in Evanston, Illinois, with campuses in Chicago, Illinois and Doha, Qatar. The university is composed of twelve schools and colleges. Northwest is classified as a research university with very high research activity by the Carnegie Classification of Institutions of Higher Education. The university enrolled almost 21,000 students, and it ranked 12 among national universities and 13 in "Best Undergraduate Engineering Programs" according to U.S. News & World Report's 2016 rankings.
Health and clinical informatics
The following health/clinical informatics options exist for potential students:
- M.S. in Health Informatics (with three specializations)
- "MHI students come from a range of backgrounds that are reflected in three distinct program specializations: Clinical Informatics, Health Technology Informatics, and Health Administration Informatics." Credit hours may vary per program.
- Available online? Yes
- Program URL: https://sps.northwestern.edu/masters/health-informatics/index.php
- Ph.D. in Health and Biomedical Informatics
- ?? credit hours, "emphasis on clinical informatics, clinical research informatics, and public health informatics"
- Available online? No
- Program URL: https://www.feinberg.northwestern.edu/sites/cehs/our-programs/phd-program/about/health-and-biomedical-informatics/index.html
- Predoctoral Fellowship
- "One year with possibility of one-year renewal; supports tuition and stipend (at Chicago Campus level)"
- Available online? No
- Program URL: https://www.feinberg.northwestern.edu/sites/cehs/fellowships/predoctoral-fellowship.html
Additional external links
- ↑ "Standard Listings". Carnegie Classification of Institutions of Higher Education. Indiana University. http://carnegieclassifications.iu.edu/lookup/standard.php. Retrieved 17 November 2016.
- ↑ "Northwestern University". U.S. News & World Report - Best Colleges. U.S. News & World Report LLP. http://colleges.usnews.rankingsandreviews.com/best-colleges/northwestern-1739. Retrieved 17 November 2016.