|Developer(s)||Medical eXchange Solutions|
|Initial release||September 17, 2010(3.54.6)|
[ (January 5, 2022 ) ±]
|Type||Hospital information system|
|License(s)||GNU Library or Lesser General Public License v2.0|
OpenClinic GA has been developed since 2006 by Belgian company Medical eXchange Solutions, and the company states the source code for the software was opened up to the public in December 2008; however, it's not clear where that code was offered. The first verifiable stable release of OpenClinic GA was version 3.54.6, released to Sourceforge on September 17, 2010; the project was started there four days prior. Development of the Windows version has continued since; the last known Linux distro was in May 2011, and development of the Linux version seems to have been discontinued.
The main features of OpenClinic GA include:
- statistics and analysis
- human resource management
- scheduling system
- X-ray and pathology results management
- lab order entry and results management with LOINC support
- document management
- inventory management
- 3BT clinical thesaurus with ICD-10 and ICPC-2 support
- Snomed CT coding support
- complete HL7 ADT management
- billing system
- Central African public and private health insurance management
- fingerprint identification using Digital Persona library
Installation requirements are not clear. The user documentation file on SourceForge dates back to 2010 and the installation guide on the wiki is antiquated.
Videos, screenshots, and other media
Entities using OpenClinic GA
OpenClinic GA can also be found on SourceForge. However, use caution when downloading and installing from there; the install package may contain undesirable add-on software.
- "Releases / OpenClinic version 3 / Windows". SourceForge. http://sourceforge.net/projects/open-clinic/files/Releases/OpenClinic%20version%203/Windows/. Retrieved 21 May 2014.
- "OpenClinic GA - Function". Google. https://sites.google.com/site/openclinicga1/function. Retrieved 21 May 2014.
- "OpenClinic GA - Developer". Google. https://sites.google.com/site/openclinicga1/developer. Retrieved 21 May 2014.
- "OpenClinic GA". SourceForge. http://sourceforge.net/projects/open-clinic/. Retrieved 21 May 2014.
- "OpenClinic GA - Platform". Google. https://sites.google.com/site/openclinicga1/platform. Retrieved 21 May 2014.