From LIMSWikiJump to navigationJump to search
|Developer(s)||datenwerke Jan Albrecht|
|Initial release||April 13, 2012(1.3.0)|
4.6.1 (May 26, 2023 )[±]
|Preview release||none [±]|
|License(s)||GNU Affero General Public License|
ReportServer is a free open-source reporting platform that supports three different reporting engines: BIRT, JasperReports, and SAP Crystal Reports.
On April 13, 2012, German company datenwerke Jan Albrecht created a SourceForge project and uploaded the source code for ReportServer version 1.3.0. In May 2013, after over a year of "intensive development," version 2.0 was released to the public, featuring a completely redesigned interface.
datenwerke anticipates version 2.2 to be released in June 2014.
The main features of ReportServer include:
- support for the BIRT, JasperReports, and SAP Crystal Reports engines
- ad-hoc reporting
- export to Microsoft Excel, PDF, or XML
- report scheduling
- administrative tools
Requirements for installing ReportServer include:
- Java Runtime Environment version 7
- an application server like Apache Tomcat or PostgreSQL (if not using Windows installer)
Consult the installation guide for more information.
Videos, screenshots, and other media
- Access a live demo of ReportServer here.
Entities using ReportServer
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 "ReportServer - Files". SourceForge. Archived from the original on 15 July 2012. https://web.archive.org/web/20120715004741/http://sourceforge.net/projects/dw-rs/files/. Retrieved 28 May 2014.
- ↑ Mittelbach, Arno (5 May 2013). "ReportServer 2.0". datenwerke Jan Albrecht. http://blog.datenwerke.net/2013/05/reportserver-20.html. Retrieved 28 May 2014.
- ↑ Mittelbach, Arno (26 March 2014). "Roadmap to ReportServer 2.2". datenwerke Jan Albrecht. http://blog.datenwerke.net/2014/03/roadmap-to-reportserver-22.html. Retrieved 28 May 2014.