|Developer(s)||Andrew Hill, Matteo Beccati, Erik Geurts|
|Initial release||September 13, 2013(3.0.0)|
[ (May 12, 2022 ) ±]
|Preview release||±](July 30, 2021 ) [|
Ad server software|
Content management system
|License(s)||GNU General Public License v2.0 (free edition)|
Revive Adserver is open-source advertisement server software based on the OpenX Source software. On September 13, 2013 OpenX Source was acquired from OpenX Technologies by former OpenX developer Andrew Hill and is now being developed as Revive Adserver.
Revive Adserver is based on the code of OpenX Source and its predecessors OpenAds, MaxMediaManager, and phpAds. Due to numerous changes in direction with OpenX and its predecessors over the years and OpenX technologies decreased interest in maintaining the open-source version, Andrew Hill, one of the code's original developers, and others acquired the rights to the legacy open-source code base of OpenX on September 13, 2013 and released it on the same day as Revive Adserver.
The main features of Revive Adserver include:
- Serve ads on websites, in apps, and in video players
- Collect detailed statistics about impressions, clicks, and conversions
- Manage campaigns for multiple advertisers and from ad networks all at once
- Define rules for delivery of campaigns and ads, including frequency capping, URL targeting, and geo-targeting
- Track and report campaign performance, including click-through rates, conversion rates, revenue, eCPM, and conversion details like basket value and number of items purchased
Installation requirements for installing Revive Adserver include:
Consult the technical requirements page for more information.
Videos, screenshots, and other media
- Documentation for Revive Adserver is not yet available. Consider using the forum for getting help for now.
Entities using Revive Adserver
- Revive Adserver on GitHub
- Revive Adserver on Open Hub
- Revive Adserver blog
- Downloads of older versions of OpenX Source
- "Revive Adserver v3.0.0 Released". Revive Adserver Project Team. 13 September 2013. http://www.revive-adserver.com/blog/revive-adserver-v3-0-0-released/. Retrieved 07 January 2014.
- "revive-adserver / revive-adserver". GitHub. https://github.com/revive-adserver/revive-adserver. Retrieved 07 January 2014.
- "OpenX Sells Open Source Ad Serving Product". OpenX Technologies. 13 September 2013. http://openx.com/press-releases/openx-sells-open-source-ad-serving-product/. Retrieved 07 January 2014.