|Initial release||November 4, 2013|
[ (April 28, 2021 ) ±]
|Type||Customer relationship management software|
|License(s)||GNU Affero General Public License v3|
SuiteCRM is a web-based, open-source customer relationship management (CRM) application developed by SalesAgility Ltd. The software is a fork of the old SugarCRM Community Edition software and is heavily supported by SalesAgility. A professional version called SuiteASSURED is separately maintained and made available with "extensive support, indemnities, warranties, and performance guarantees."
SuiteCRM started out as British company SalesAgility's attempt to improve the open-source Community Edition of SugarCRM, largely through its Advanced OpenSales (AOS) open-source suite of modules for Sugar CE. Originally part of its consulting work for individual customers, SalesAgility began offering its SuiteCRM solution—Sugar CE + AOS—in roughly 2012. However, by mid- to late 2013, SalesAgility anticipated that no more updates to Sugar CE would be arriving before 2014 (with SugarCRM publicly confirming in February 2014 the end of its CE) and announced that it would be producing SuiteCRM as a stand-alone open-source alternative to SugarCRM Professional Edition, with SugarCRM CE as the base forked material:
There are no 'Commercial Open Source' editions, the entire core application is open source and free to download. We believe that open source drives innovation and that the development model will make development faster, applications more secure and less buggy, and the community more responsive to user needs.
SuiteCRM reportedly attracted around 2,500 sign-ups within its first week of availability. A version 7.0.1 first appeared on SourceForge on November 4, 2013, followed by an appearance on GitHub on November 23. Updates to the software have remained steady since.
In September 2015, InfoWorld gave SuiteCRM its Bossie Award for being among the "best open source applications."
In June 2017, SalesAgility announced SuiteASSURED, a custom, separately maintained version of SuiteCRM "designed for organisations who operate compliance driven environments or who require additional software assurances or intellectual property warranties that are not provided with SuiteCRM."
An extensive feature list can be found on the website.
The software can be installed on Linux or Windows. A full list or prerequisites can be found in the SuiteCRM documentation.
Videos, screenshots, and other media
Entities using SuiteCRM
- SuiteCRM on GitHub
- SuiteCRM help forum
- SuiteCRM is also available on SourceForge. However, use caution when downloading and installing from there; the install package may contain undesirable add-on software.
- "Suite CRM > Files". SourceForge. https://sourceforge.net/projects/suitecrm/files/. Retrieved 04 May 2018.
Cite error: Invalid
<ref>tag; name "SuiteCRMFirst" defined multiple times with different content
- "SuiteCRM". SalesAgility Ltd. https://suitecrm.com/. Retrieved 04 May 2018.
- "SuiteCRM". SalesAgility Ltd. Archived from the original on 12 August 2012. https://web.archive.org/web/20120812003207/http://www.suitecrm.com/. Retrieved 04 May 2018.
- "Official Releases: Advanced OpenSales". SalesAgility Ltd. Archived from the original on 05 August 2012. https://web.archive.org/web/20120805084157/http://www.salesagility.com:80/index.php/advanced-opensales. Retrieved 04 May 2018.
- "SuiteCRM, the open source fork of SugarCRM developed by SalesAgility". Open Source Guide. Smile. http://www.open-source-guide.com/en/News/Suitecrm-the-open-source-fork-of-sugarcrm-developed-by-salesagility. Retrieved 04 May 2018.
- Oram, C. (6 February 2014). "SugarCRM in the Next 10 Years". SugarCRM. https://community.sugarcrm.com/thread/18434. Retrieved 04 May 2018.
- Soper, G. (12 October 2013). "SuiteCRM, the open source CRM alternative to SugarCRM Professional Edition officially released". JoinUp. European Commission. https://joinup.ec.europa.eu/news/suitecrm-open-source-crm. Retrieved 04 May 2018.
- SuiteCRM (14 November 2013). "SuiteCRM challenges current commerical open source model". OpenSource.com. Red Hat, Inc. https://opensource.com/business/13/11/suitecrm-open-source-crm. Retrieved 04 May 2018.
- InfoWorld staff (16 September 2015). "Bossie Awards 2015: The best open source applications". InfoWorld. https://www.infoworld.com/article/2982622/open-source-tools/bossie-awards-2015-the-best-open-source-applications.html#slide5. Retrieved 04 May 2018.
- "SalesAgility launches SuiteASSURED, the world's first warrantied open source CRM". ResponseSource. ResponseSource Ltd. 26 June 2017. https://pressreleases.responsesource.com/news/93478/salesagility-launches-suiteassured-the-world-s-first-warrantied-open-source-crm/. Retrieved 04 May 2018.