|Original author(s)||Peter Thoeny|
|Developer(s)||TWiki development team|
|Initial release||July 23, 1998|
6.1.0 (July 16, 2018 )[±]
|Preview release||none [±]|
|License(s)||GNU General Public License v2.0|
TWiki is free open-source enterprise collaboration and application platform.
The TWiki project was founded by Peter Thoeny in 1998 as an open-source wiki-based application platform. Releases of TWiki were versioned using date of release up until February 1, 2006, when versioning changed to a version number, beginning with 4.0. In October 2008, Thoeny's company TWiki.net assumed full control over the TWiki project while much of the developer community forked off to join the Foswiki project.
Features of TWiki include:
- built-in query tools
- e-mail support and integration
- document management
- version control
- user-based access
- customizable interface
- statistics generation
Server installation requirements for Foswiki include:
- Perl 5.8.0 or higher
- RCS 5.7 or higher with GNU diff 2.7 or higher (optional)
- fgrep, egrep, df, patch, zip, and cron or a cron equivalent
- a supported web server
For more details, see the installation guide.
Videos, screenshots, and other media
- Numerous videos demoing TWiki can be found on the TWiki site.
- Screenshots of TWiki can be found on [twiki.org/cgi-bin/view/TWiki/TWikiScreenshots their site].
Entities using TWiki
Examples of entities using TWiki include:
AS Informatik AG; British Telecommunications; CERN; Cingular Wireless; Disney; Helsinki Institute Of Physics Technology Programme; Honeybee Robotics; Michelin China; Morgan Stanley; Motorola; Novell; SAP; SecureWorks; Texas Instruments; Yahoo!
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 "Appendix A: TWiki Development Time-line". twiki.org. http://twiki.org/cgi-bin/view/TWiki/TWikiHistory. Retrieved 10 November 2012.
- ↑ Asay, Matt (29 October 2008). "TWiki's hunt for cash fractures its community". CNET. http://news.cnet.com/8301-13505_3-10078682-16.html. Retrieved 10 November 2012.
- ↑ Norris, Will (4 November 2008). "TWiki Watch: TWiki Contributors". foswiki.org. http://foswiki.org/Community/TWikiWatchTWikiContributors. Retrieved 10 November 2012.
- ↑ Ulrich, Andre (17 November 2009). "Development of Foswiki and TWiki - Get the Facts". WikiRing. http://blog.wikiring.com/Blog/BlogEntry36. Retrieved 10 November 2012.
- ↑ Morin, Rich (12 December 2008). "TWiki and Foswiki: the road ahead". Rich Morin. http://www.cfcl.com/rdm/weblog/archives/001653.html. Retrieved 10 November 2012.
- ↑ "Main Features of TWiki". AG Softwaretechnik. https://softech.informatik.uni-kl.de/TWiki/MainFeatures. Retrieved 10 November 2012.
- ↑ "TWiki Success Stories". twiki.org. http://twiki.org/cgi-bin/view/Main/TWikiSuccessStories. Retrieved 10 November 2012.