|Initial release||December 29, 2004|
[ (July 20, 2021 ) ±]
|Type||Customer relationship management software|
|License(s)||Mozilla Public License 1.0|
vtiger CRM is an open-source web-based customer relationship management (CRM) application developed by vtiger. In addition to the free vtiger CRM software, the developer also offers users a fee-based hosting and support service.
In a response to a December 2012 blog post about updates to vtiger, marketing and operations manager Kieran Kay stated an update to the community edition of vtiger isn't likely until at least "the first half of 2013." A beta version of vtiger 6.0 arrived in July 2013. Version 6.0.0 finally appeared on January 10, 2014.
- customizable product entries
- inventory management
- quotations and billing
- trouble ticketing)
- customer self-service portal
- lead generation
- campaign support
- knowledge bases
- analysis and reporting
- integration with corporate e-mail systems
- Asterisk PBX phone system support
- tag cloud functionality
- RSS feed support
- document management
In addition, vtiger features multiple database support, security management, and various web forms. The project is available in over 15 different languages.
Hardware and software requirements (database, PHP version, etc.) will vary depending on the type of installation you do. To see the various requirements, choose the "Installation" link from the "Open Source Releases" section of the vtiger wiki for the version you wish to install. Afterwards, pick the operating system and install file you wish to use.
Videos, screenshots, and other media
Screenshots and a live demo for vtiger CRM can be found on the vtiger open source page.
Additional help videos can be found on vtiger's YouTube channel.
Entities using vtiger CRM
- "vtiger - Extensive Documentation and Resources". vtiger. http://www.vtiger.com/crm-on-demand/help/.
vtiger can also be found on SourceForge. However, use caution when downloading and installing from there; the install package may contain undesirable add-on software.
- Marson, Ingrid (31 December 2004). "vTiger launches open source CRM". ZDNet. http://www.zdnet.co.uk/news/application-development/2004/12/31/vtiger-launches-open-source-crm-39182958/. Retrieved 11 March 2012.
- "Introducing vtiger CRM On Demand: True open source in the cloud". vtiger. 28 July 2010. http://www.vtiger.com/blogs/?p=791. Retrieved 11 March 2012.
- "Announcing vtiger CRM On-Demand". i-NewsWire. 14 September 2012. http://www.i-newswire.com/announcing-vtiger-crm-on-demand/59766. Retrieved 11 March 2012.
- Kay, Kieran (6 December 2012). "We’re Back! December 2012 – Update 1". vtiger. https://www.vtiger.com/blogs/?p=1337#comments. Retrieved 10 December 2012.
- "Vtiger CRM 6.0.0 - CRM Downloads". vtiger. https://www.vtiger.com/open-source-downloads/. Retrieved 28 April 2014.
- "CRM Open Source - Features: Improve your Sales, Marketing, and Support". vtiger. http://www.vtiger.com/crm-products/crm-open-source/#Features. Retrieved 11 March 2012.