From LIMSWikiJump to navigationJump to search
The printable version is no longer supported and may have rendering errors. Please update your browser bookmarks and please use the default browser print function instead.
Engineering informatics is an engineering discipline combining information technology (IT) – or informatics – with engineering concepts; It is an interdisciplinary scientific area focusing on the application of advanced computing, information, and communication technologies to engineering.
Engineering technology areas
It encompasses engineering technology areas in:
- Distributed Engineering and Business Services
- Sensing, Monitoring, Control and Structural Dynamics
- Human and Social Modelling for Design Simulations
- Computational Engineering
- Networking computing for Engineering
- IT Applications in Engineering
- Systems and Network Technologies
- Interactive Media and Internet Development
- Logistics Management
Universities and institutions offering Engineering Informatics
Engineering Informatics is a field of undergraduate study in some universities and polytechnics:
- Budapest University of Technology and Economics
- Nanyang Polytechnic of Singapore (Engineering Informatics Programme)
- Advanced Engineering Informatics is a journal publication in the field of engineering informatics.
- The Need for a Science of Engineering Informatics. Artificial Intelligence for Engineering Design, Analysis and Manufacturing (AI-EDAM), 2007, 21:1(23–26).
- JCISE Special Issue, March 2008 This special issue has a guest editorial and a few research papers in the Engineering Informatics domain.
- Engineering Informatics Group, a research group at Stanford University, USA
This article heavily reuses content from the Wikipedia article.